No announcement yet.

Writing Contest Final Round!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm just glad I work tonight-there's nothing I can do about it anyway-Good luck all and I couldn't be in better company Draven! (Severe Wedgie! Don't forget that because I won't!)
    http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Another vote - Man, I'm on a high! thanks so much. Level-pegging with my good friend, Richard at 4th. And Man, this is so close for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd! SO CLOSE. Good luck guys, and Nikita - you must keep writing! Meat socks is a fine story!

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
        I'm just glad I work tonight-there's nothing I can do about it anyway-Good luck all and I couldn't be in better company Draven! (Severe Wedgie! Don't forget that because I won't!)
        You are lucky to be working. I'm stuck at home. Nerves are so bad that I feel like hurling. I'd sleep through today if I could, but I've been tossing and turning all night. We bought a new memory foam for our bed, but it doesn't seem to be helping my bulging disk. I'm going to do my best not to check the polls every minute.

I wasn't even this nervous when I jumped out of airplanes in the Army.

Comment

Just voted.
          And..It's a tie!!

sk

Comment

Holy crap!

If it stays like this, 1st, 2nd and 3rd will all be ties!

Comment

Wow this is close, and was a toss up between a couple on what I would vote for, but did end up voting sometime yesterday, don't remember when though. Whoever ends up being in the top 3 definitely deserve it, as do others who won't make it in those spots
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

You know, I'm gonna put my opinion to CD right here, right now. These are all very short works. Can't they have room for 4 stories instead of only 3? (Wait, what's the title again? Did the winning title use "3" or "trio"?) If it isn't already built into the title of the chapbook, have both stories tied for 3rd in the book (if it stays that way). Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

That would be nice, but I believe they said, in the event of a tie, that CD would make the final choice. We'll see, but I doubt it will end in a tie. There are a lot of voters left.

Comment

Congratulations to all participants in the final round! Good luck to you all, it's gettin' down to the nitty-gritty!

Comment

Wow, this poll is so close I feel sympathetic anxiousness on the participant's behalf.
                      "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

This will be interesting. Folks holding a vote may forego voting for their favorite if their favorite is either out in front or just out, and instead elect to use their vote on the story they like best out of the ones on the bubble. I know if I'd held my vote I would do that now instead of voting for myself.

Comment

Another vote for Caren. Congratulations. That should help you with the stress.

Comment

They've rounded Turn 4 and the Wings of the Fly are on the Meat Socks. Dr. Johnson's Patient is catching. The Monotonous one has dully dropped behind. It looks like it's going to be a photo finish!

Tomorrow - the Home Stretch. Good luck.
                            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I think my jockey fell off when "Rudy" stepped in a hole or something. Definitely fading, falling to the back of the pack. Hell of a race guys.
                              FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Looking like a 4-team race at this point! Good luck to all!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X