No announcement yet.

Writing Contest Final Round!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read all the stories again and placed my vote this morning. IMHO everyone of these stories are worthy of publication and it was a difficult choice. Best of luck to all the "winners" competing in the finals.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
      Sorry, I wasn't trying to come off as snotty there or anything.
      Don't worry you weren't. The only reason I was pointing how many there where is so that people aren't surprised if it gets that high. I know there where an awful lot of people waiting for the final round to read the stories because of the sheer volume of the first round. Most of the CD staff included.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I still need to finish reading them all again. In that first round, too many stories started blending together, reading them one after another. This time I printed them out, so getting a fresher look.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Congrats to the finalists! These stories are great! I certainly hope that there is another chance in the future for more story contests.
          "If you want to write, you write." John D. MacDonald

Comment

Just an FYI for the contestants in this round. If by chance it happens to end in a tie, the CD staff will be the official tie breaker.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
              I hope that at least the people who were involved in the contest will vote, if I hadn't made the final round, I still would've wanted my say on who gets picked Good luck everyone-I think this will be a close contest.
              Yup, right about to print out the stories so I can go over them in detail.
              www.nikhouser.com

Comment

If you have any critiques for my story, Nic, I welcome them. Just send me a PM with any suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by Draven Ames View Post
                  If you have any critiques for my story, Nic, I welcome them. Just send me a PM with any suggestions.
                  I'd be happy to, Draven. Flattered that you asked.
                  www.nikhouser.com

Comment

All the stories are very good and it was a very hard decision but I finally narrowed it down to 3 choices. The only problem, I liked the 3 stories equally but I can only chose one and I lost my 3 sided coin last week so what do I do. Eenie meenie minie mo. No. One potato, two potato. No.
                    Then I had it.

My mother and your mother were washing clothes,
                    My mother punched your mother right in the nose.
                    What color was her blood?

Found this a fitting way to choose.

well actually I read the 3 stories one more time and finally picked one.

Good luck to all the finalists

Comment

I voted yesterday.

It would be nice for the finalists if all 125 eligible voters cast a ballot asap. It would likely save some nerves and stomach linings.

Best wishes to all of you.

KT

Comment

It's a tight race so far! Someone is going to win by a severed tongue for sure.
                        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Yep. Welcome to hell week. :P

Comment

Originally posted by KT Wagner View Post
                            It would be nice for the finalists if all 125 eligible voters cast a ballot asap. It would likely save some nerves and stomach linings.
                            The 125 eligible is only a rough estimate. That number could go up as the week goes on, as it's based off of a minimum post count, then the forum automatically promotes you to a new usergroup when you reach that level. I'm not going to say what the count is, but it'll be pretty obvious if people are spamming posts just to up their count.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                              it'll be pretty obvious if people are spamming posts just to up their count.
                              Awesome idea!
                              Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                                The 125 eligible is only a rough estimate. That number could go up as the week goes on, as it's based off of a minimum post count, then the forum automatically promotes you to a new usergroup when you reach that level. I'm not going to say what the count is, but it'll be pretty obvious if people are spamming posts just to up their count.
                                Hi Dan,

I’m just wondering if that estimate includes the initial 110 contest participants, or is it just the number of non-junior members.

Comment

Working...
                                X