View Poll Results: Please vote for your favorite!

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scraps by Steven Cox

5 7.04%
  • Meat Socks by Nikita

12 16.90%
  • The Dark Caller by mstrom

3 4.23%
  • By The Throat by Wesley Southard

4 5.63%
  • Home Sweet Home by jmcraven

3 4.23%
  • Rudy Jenkins Buries His Fears by RichardThomas

6 8.45%
  • It Roars by SavageMouse

4 5.63%
  • 13 by Craig Wallwork

5 7.04%
  • The Wings of a Fly by mlouisdixon

11 15.49%
  • Monotonous by Draven Ames

8 11.27%
  • Dr. Johnson's Patient by C.W. LaSart

10 14.08%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Writing Contest Final Round!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication C.W. LaSart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrom View Post
    Since there was no response from Craig, I wondered if I may have crossed the line with that remark. Then I read his post in the original discussion thread where he says that he is purposely avoiding the polls in order to maintain his sanity.

Phew, here I feared that I had one of those moments where you are verbally jousting with someone and you pitch one out there that you think is clever, only to be met with stunned silence as everyone gawps at you like you just slapped an infant. You know, one of those kinds of moments.
    He is also in a WAY different time zone!

Quote Originally Posted by mstrom View Post
    Thanks CW! By the time this finishes I will definitely need it.
    We all will my friend!

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour mstrom's Avatar
    Yeah it is late on a Saturday night and I have nothing better to do then to flood this thread with posts.

Anyways, I just wanted to say this.

*** BEWARE SCHMALTZ AHEAD, PRECEDE AT YOUR OWN RISK ***

Considering that we are a group whose imaginations are capable of plumbing the dark depths of depravity for a story, I don’t think that I’ve ever encountered a group of folks who have been as gracious and supportive as all of you. That is quite extraordinary, made more so by the fact that we are all competing against each other for such a precious opportunity.

*** OKAY SCHMALTZ ENDED, YOU ARE NOW SAFE TO PROCEED ***
    Last edited by mstrom; 06-26-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Senior Member Hearing Voices ozmosis7's Avatar
    I think I am almost excited watching this unfold as you in the heat are. This is really close still.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Craig Wallwork's Avatar
    OKAY - I caved. I tried looking at this using my peripheral vision as soon as I clicked on the thread. And it works. I got through three pages without seeing the results, but what I didn't consider was that people would be talking about the results, as in giving a running commentary, hahaha. So yeah, got to know the leaders anyway!

MLD, Nikita, and Draven! Go guys! So happy for you at the moment. I know it's a close race, but a fine sprint from the chocks.

I feel like I wasted my vote now... Good luck everyone! Don't lose heart. And I'm loving this whole Wacky Races vibe you've got going on.

If I can draw comparisons to those in this, without causing offence, then I think Richard (for name alone) has to be Dick Dastardly

CW is Penelope Pitstop in the Compact Pussycat 5 ()

Draven is Peter Perfect in the Turbo Terrific 9

MLD as one of the Gruesome Twosome in the Creepy Coupe 2

And i'll be Private Meekley in the Army Surplus Special 6, because, you know, my privates are very meek.
    Last edited by Craig Wallwork; 06-26-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed mlouisdixon's Avatar

HaHa! Craig you are too funny Private Meekley!

I can't believe this contest now has an official soundtrack! Need to resist the urge to Madison, Mashed Potato, Stroll, Hully Gully, Wahtusi, and Monkey all around my house!

CW- if you look up the adjective, meek, it's amazing a man's privates have never had the comparison drawn on before..."Quiet, gentle, and easily imposed on; submissive."

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
    CW- if you look up the adjective, meek, it's amazing a man's privates have never had the comparison drawn on before..."Quiet, gentle, and easily imposed on; submissive."
    Oh Lord! I may bust a gut laughing, Craig! Actually, now that you mention it, I think that is a more apt description of a woman's privates! In my experience, men's privates are pushy and rude! We better stop now before Dan puts us on super-secret-probation for being lewd! Haha!

Too true. Don't want to be put on probation, even if it is super-secret, though I probably wouldn't know I was on it if it was that super-secret. I will add, before this conversation returns to more high-brow content, that your description has left me with an enduring image of a penis jumping the cue outside a club called, Blessed are the Meek, and offending a lot of people in the process.

Right, back on track.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed

I feel like I wasted my vote now...
    I worried about this from the beginning. I refused to vote for myself until I had at least one other vote because I didn't want to end up with only one vote (being mine) and it being wasted. But then when I got a vote I went ahead and voted for myself. I kinda wish I had held onto it though... too bad we couldn't have had 3 votes for the finals, especially given the limited number of people who can vote in this last round.

I hear you, Jim. I told my wife how I have caved in and looked at the results and once she stopped laughing at me, she asked the number of votes I had, which then triggered her laughter again. So supportive.

She also asked what the average number of votes each winner of each group had during the knock-out stage. I rounded it off at about 30/40. she then said, "well, there's plenty more people still to vote then", but I then explained that the person who may have voted for my story may have voted for the winning story in another group, which means that that person would need to choose, assuming all the stories they voted for made the final 11, which one they liked best. Sophie's Choice, but without the children, and death of course.
    "So, if 100 hundred people voted in this contest, and they all voted for the same stories which made it into the final 11, then they would have to choose?" she asked.
    I nodded before informing her that the people who may have voted for you might have made it in the final 11! To which, she burst into laughter again and offered to make me a cup of tea.

I hear you, Jim. I told my wife how I have caved in and looked at the results and once she stopped laughing at me, she asked the number of votes I had, which then triggered her laughter again. So supportive.

She also asked what the average number of votes each winner of each group had during the knock-out stage. I rounded it off at about 30/40. she then said, "well, there's plenty more people still to vote then", but I then explained that the person who may have voted for my story may have voted for the winning story in another group, which means that that person would need to choose, assuming all the stories they voted for made the final 11, which one they liked best. Sophie's Choice, but without the children, and death of course.
    "So, if 100 hundred people voted in this contest, and they all voted for the same stories which made it into the final 11, then they would have to choose?" she asked.
    I nodded before informing her that the people who may have voted for you might have made it in the final 11! To which, she burst into laughter again and offered to make me a cup of tea.
    She sounds like a wonderfully supportive wife-she did offer to make you tea

Yes, most heartache and upset can be resolved or tempered by a good cup of tea. The only time I don't like tea is when the "big light" is on. The big light is the light that is usually fixed to the ceiling and is used only for locating lost items that can't be found in the dim hue of a table lamp, or, if the big light is on and is accompanied by a cup of tea, someone has died or been hurt badly. It may be a British thing.

Yes, most heartache and upset can be resolved or tempered by a good cup of tea. The only time I don't like tea is when the "big light" is on. The big light is the light that is usually fixed to the ceiling and is used only for locating lost items that can't be found in the dim hue of a table lamp, or, if the big light is on and is accompanied by a cup of tea, someone has died or been hurt badly. It may be a British thing.
    I'm sure it is a Craig thing-which is no doubt a British thing-but it's fun to hear things from the persepective of someone half a world away!

It's pretty much the same here at the Craven house, with the big light. Except we drink more iced tea than hot tea.

Lets hope the big light is not used on the 29th, Jim. Unless of course you physically lose something.

Lets hope the big light is not used on the 29th, Jim. Unless of course you physically lose something.
    Agreed...

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Draven Ames's Avatar
    I've been doing my best not to check the polls. Just did. Good work, Caren. You deserve it too.

Senior Member Hearing Voices ozmosis7's Avatar
    WOW! A bold move by Caren to pull into a tie for 3rd! Exciting.