No announcement yet.

Writing Contest Final Round!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conrats to Nikita, MLD, and CW! You all should be very proud.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcraven View Post
      Conrats to Nikita, MLD, and CW! You all should be very proud.
      Thank you very much-can I breathe now?
      http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

CONGRATS to the winners, and everyone who made the final round!

Thank you EVERYONE who participated and made this a reader's extravaganza!

Comment

Congratulations to the winners of the contest! I also want to say thanks to everyone that entered the contest as it was a great month of reading.
          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I would just like to congratulate the Top Three - very, very well done, you guys. I feel privileged to have done friendly battle with you and wish everyone all the best for the future. As Draven said way back, we are all winners in a way - but Nikita, MLD and C.W. must be feeling on top of the world. Hurrah!

And to those five who gave "Scraps" their vote, I love you all (whoever you may be) ! ...To my fellow Englander Craig, we came =6th. Hope you're feeling more that just a touch of British pride, for I know I am.

See ya all out on the road sometime...

Comment

Yes, I feel very proud Steven. Very proud.

For the Winners: So happy for CW, MLD and Nikita. Well done guys. It was a hell of a ride. I know that's the standard response, but really, I was proud to be standing beside you guys. To those who voted (all of 5 of you) - I am collapsed with gratitude. To know you thought the story was good and enjoyed it made this process more bearable.

To the Runners Up: today, my phone could have rang with news that my daughter had been injured, or that my wife was in a car accident, or that my parents had taken ill, or worse. Today, a mirage of awful and life altering moments could have happened. But they didn't. My family are well and happy. All that happened was I lost out to some great writers. That's not a big deal. that's an honour. I'm not trying to play down the opportunity of being in CD, which is beyond my comprehension at this stage, more that this was one small wound that will heal very quickly. To you all, you were worthy competitors. You are great/amazing writers. And the most wonderful part of it all is, other than the great stories, is that it brought together people who didn't know each other. The support has been humbling, more so by those competing against each other for the top three positions.

It's been a privilege. 13 will live again, somewhere. And I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before all the other stories find homes worthy of their brilliance.

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                Thank you very much-can I breathe now?
                Yes! Breathe, Caren, breathe! I'm sure you don't want to get mouth to mouth from anyone is this motley crew.

Congratulations to you, and Nikita, and M. Louis. You all did a great job. Can't wait to see the chapbook in print.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
                  Yes, I feel very proud Steven. Very proud.

For the Winners: So happy for CW, MLD and Nikita. Well done guys. It was a hell of a ride. I know that's the standard response, but really, I was proud to be standing beside you guys. To those who voted (all of 5 of you) - I am collapsed with gratitude. To know you thought the story was good and enjoyed it made this process more bearable.

To the Runners Up: today, my phone could have rang with news that my daughter had been injured, or that my wife was in a car accident, or that my parents had taken ill, or worse. Today, a mirage of awful and life altering moments could have happened. But they didn't. My family are well and happy. All that happened was I lost out to some great writers. That's not a big deal. that's an honour. I'm not trying to play down the opportunity of being in CD, which is beyond my comprehension at this stage, more that this was one small wound that will heal very quickly. To you all, you were worthy competitors. You are great/amazing writers. And the most wonderful part of it all is, other than the great stories, is that it brought together people who didn't know each other. The support has been humbling, more so by those competing against each other for the top three positions.

It's been a privilege. 13 will live again, somewhere. And I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before all the other stories find homes worthy of their brilliance.

And this is why, though it may be cliche, I say that the British are classy. It's because you are-what a wonderful sentiment. You made me cry, Sir. I feel my life is enriched by knowing you and all of the other wonderful contestants that I now consider friends! Cheers to my new friends, and congratulations to you all for daring to put yourselves out there in front of the world for judgement. There are no losers in this contest!

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                    Yes! Breathe, Caren, breathe! I'm sure you don't want to get mouth to mouth from anyone is this motley crew.

Congratulations to you, and Nikita, and M. Louis. You all did a great job. Can't wait to see the chapbook in print.
                    Haha! Good point Terry, but I am actually feeling pretty close to this motley crew right now and I hope to continue a friendship with as many of you as will have me

Comment

Hey, very well done everyone and congratulations!
                      http://louis-eldest.livejournal.com/

Comment

congrats to all of you !

- RJ
                        It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

Wonderful job, everyone.

Now, time to break out the cake:

Comment

OMFG, it's finally over! I will never again, ever, enter into any contest where you can track the progress. I was glued to those damn poles.
                            Thank you to those who voted for my story. I am thrilled that you liked it.
                            Congratulations to C.W. and Nikita. Your stories are excellent and well deserving of their place in this chapbook.

I also want to say that the greatest thing about this whole contest was finding a new home on the Internet where I can hang out with other people just as demented as myself. A kind of place where I can slip out of my meat socks and just be myself. (Love me some Meat Socks)

I want to thank Dan for being a great host and Cemetery Dance for letting us congregate.

I also am happy to have gotten the opportunity to read some excellent short stories.

Now, go on, go write down some nightmares.

MLD

Comment

Congratulations Folks!

Can't wait to see the finished product.
                              Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
                              Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Congratulations to the winners, and everyone else for a great effort.

KT

Comment

Working...
                                X