No announcement yet.

Writing Contest Final Round!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to the winners! Fantastic job!

I hate to admit it, but i didn't vote this round. I waited till the last day, and I thought the poll closing time was the US time, so that I would have plenty of time to read two more stories when I got home... Turns out the poll time reflected my European time. Sorry. But i'm glad my vote was not one that would affect anything, the winner would just have one more vote than now.

Once again, congrats to everyone who took part in this contest, and to the finalists for going through a stressful ordeal!!

Comment

Congratulations to all three of you for a well-deserved victory!!!!
      "I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later."- Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Congratulations to Nikita, C.W. LaSart, and mlouisdixon!
        Great job and good luck if you pursue a writing career

Comment

just sorry we didn't get more votes

congratulations to the winners, this should be an exciting chapbook - i hope that all of the other stories that made the finals are being sent out, and that other competitors from the original 110 are also working on them or shopping them as well - honored to be a part of this competition, and all i want now is to see these stories land over in the Acceptance thread with some fabulous magazine, journal or website

great job everyone and best of luck
          FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Congratulations to Lious and Caren, you both did excellent jobs. Your stories were top notch.

All the runners up had excellent stories as well. Let us know as they get accepted elsewhere. Great to meet so many wonderful writers.
            Last edited by Draven Ames; 06-29-2011, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Draven Ames View Post
              Congratulations to Lious and Caren, you both did excellent jobs. Your stories were both top notch.
              Thank you Draven, it is bittersweet for me, I would have loved to share it with you. You are an excellent writer and very driven with your career-I know you will be going places my friend. I second MLD's sentiment that I will probably never do this sort of contest again because it tore me up and took up way too much of my time with the OCD! You rock Draven
              http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

This was really great to be a part of and lots of props to the last three standing!

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                  Thank you Draven, it is bittersweet for me, I would have loved to share it with you. You are an excellent writer and very driven with your career-I know you will be going places my friend. I second MLD's sentiment that I will probably never do this sort of contest again because it tore me up and took up way too much of my time with the OCD! You rock Draven
                  I'm happy to lose to you, Caren. Having made it in, you might not have to do contests like this again. Congratulations to you and yours.

Comment

Well done, you three! It was a great contest and I'm happy to have been part of it

Comment

Gratz Caren, MLD, and Nikita. Three fine stories! Well deserved.
                      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

I'm happy to lose to you, Caren. Having made it in, you might not have to do contests like this again. Congratulations to you and yours.
                        Should you participate in this again, you know that I will be the first in line to vote for you!

Comment

We'll see. Next time I will name my story "Gory Hole." Title means a lot in these things, it seems.

Comment

We'll see. Next time I will name my story "Gory Hole." Title means a lot in these things, it seems.
                            Sounds promising! LOL

Comment

Congrats to the winners it was well deserved. I for one would love to see another contest like this. Where else could I get so many great writers read one of my stories. I never expected to make it to the top 11 surrounded by all this talent and I didn't but that was fine. My story got 4 votes in the opening round that 4 more than I thought it would get. I was very happy with that.
                              I Feel the need to post another one. Might just do that after work.

Comment

Congratulations to all! Nicely done, folks. I'm glad I was able to vote on these and the other stories in both rounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X