Writing Contest Final Round!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrRoland View Post
    Do the polls close on the 29th? I can't wait to find out who wins.

And thank you C.W. - Your "severe wedgie" comment made me crack up in my local library. I got a shush delivered with a dirty look and everything.
    Then I did my job
    http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

"MLD takes a commanding lead!"
      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

I'm guessing all of the people between 5-7 are now checking ever 3 seconds to see if this list updates. And the lower numbers aren't out of this yet either.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
          "MLD takes a commanding lead!"
          Congrats MLD on making it into the double digits!!

Comment

Way to go MLD

Comment

win, place or show, that's all i'm asking :-)
              FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

You guys are hilarious. In a good way.
                www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Originally posted by mlouisdixon View Post
                  Oh, those moments are precious. I love it when something I read makes me laugh out loud in public. There are often very severe looks. I remember reading John Irving’s A Prayer for Owen Meany and laughing on the BART train into San Francisco. That got a number of odd looks. More thrilling is when you’re writing something that makes you laugh out loud. I guess it must look very disturbing to see somebody scribbling in a notebook and snarking and giggling. Shit, if they only knew what I was writing.
                  Yeah, I know what you mean MLD. Too bad it seems to happen so rarely these days, though Christopher Moore’s material seems to be an exception. His seemingly endless capacity of creativity just intimidates the hell out of me. I recently read his novel Fool, an alternate telling of Shakespeare’s King Lear, and it is a veritable study in the art of absurdity. Every time I picked that book up he had me laughing out loud, a few times I even had tears running down my face. I highly recommend it.
                  Last edited by mstrom; 06-26-2011, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mstrom View Post
                    Well I was just putting it in terms Craig could relate to.
                    Since there was no response from Craig, I wondered if I may have crossed the line with that remark. Then I read his post in the original discussion thread where he says that he is purposely avoiding the polls in order to maintain his sanity.

Phew, here I feared that I had one of those moments where you are verbally jousting with someone and you pitch one out there that you think is clever, only to be met with stunned silence as everyone gawps at you like you just slapped an infant. You know, one of those kinds of moments.

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                      We may have to start up a support group together It will be alright-no matter the outcome my new friend! You can join the group as well Mstrom!
                      Thanks CW! By the time this finishes I will definitely need it.

Comment

Since there was no response from Craig, I wondered if I may have crossed the line with that remark. Then I read his post in the original discussion thread where he says that he is purposely avoiding the polls in order to maintain his sanity.

Phew, here I feared that I had one of those moments where you are verbally jousting with someone and you pitch one out there that you think is clever, only to be met with stunned silence as everyone gawps at you like you just slapped an infant. You know, one of those kinds of moments.
                        He is also in a WAY different time zone!

Comment

Thanks CW! By the time this finishes I will definitely need it.
                          We all will my friend!

Comment

Yeah it is late on a Saturday night and I have nothing better to do then to flood this thread with posts.

Anyways, I just wanted to say this.

*** BEWARE SCHMALTZ AHEAD, PRECEDE AT YOUR OWN RISK ***

Considering that we are a group whose imaginations are capable of plumbing the dark depths of depravity for a story, I don’t think that I’ve ever encountered a group of folks who have been as gracious and supportive as all of you. That is quite extraordinary, made more so by the fact that we are all competing against each other for such a precious opportunity.

*** OKAY SCHMALTZ ENDED, YOU ARE NOW SAFE TO PROCEED ***
                            Last edited by mstrom; 06-26-2011, 08:00 AM.

Comment

I think I am almost excited watching this unfold as you in the heat are. This is really close still.

Comment

OKAY - I caved. I tried looking at this using my peripheral vision as soon as I clicked on the thread. And it works. I got through three pages without seeing the results, but what I didn't consider was that people would be talking about the results, as in giving a running commentary, hahaha. So yeah, got to know the leaders anyway!

MLD, Nikita, and Draven! Go guys! So happy for you at the moment. I know it's a close race, but a fine sprint from the chocks.

I feel like I wasted my vote now... Good luck everyone! Don't lose heart. And I'm loving this whole Wacky Races vibe you've got going on.

If I can draw comparisons to those in this, without causing offence, then I think Richard (for name alone) has to be Dick Dastardly

CW is Penelope Pitstop in the Compact Pussycat 5 ()

Draven is Peter Perfect in the Turbo Terrific 9

MLD as one of the Gruesome Twosome in the Creepy Coupe 2

And i'll be Private Meekley in the Army Surplus Special 6, because, you know, my privates are very meek.
                                Last edited by Craig Wallwork; 06-26-2011, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X