Writing Contest Final Round!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
    ... they're coming around the second turn. In a fit of irony, the Meat Socks are running down the Wings of a Fly. And Rudy Jenkins/Monotonous/Patient bringing in 3rd!
    Rudy Jenkins Monotonous Patient? Is that a Merchant/Ivory film or the name for a really bad punk band from Omaha?
    http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
    http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
    http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

You all have me so appreciative right now. There aren't words enough to express my gratitude. This contest could teach anyone patience and humility, as I'm glued to the polls.

This is still a long week and it is anyone's to win.

Loving the cometary, by the way.
      Last edited by Draven Ames; 06-25-2011, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Oh shut up, Draven! Just kidding, you know I adore you! We went into this as friends and we will leave as friends (but if you beat me, you may be in for a severe wedgie if we ever meet face to face!) As much as I would like to win this thing, I have to say that I am not going to be too disappointed by a loss if it happens. These are all fine stories and sometimes the company kept is more important than the outcome. No wailing and gnashing of the teeth from me. I think next Wednesday will be a relief for us all. Good luck to all those involved, and thanks to those voting-even if you did vote for Draven
        http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
          Oh shut up, Draven! Just kidding, you know I adore you! We went into this as friends and we will leave as friends (but if you beat me, you may be in for a severe wedgie if we ever meet face to face!) As much as I would like to win this thing, I have to say that I am not going to be too disappointed by a loss if it happens. These are all fine stories and sometimes the company kept is more important than the outcome. No wailing and gnashing of the teeth from me. I think next Wednesday will be a relief for us all. Good luck to all those involved, and thanks to those voting-even if you did vote for Draven
          ha...what she said ^
          FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

I'm going to be flying out to PA in a couple of weeks to hang out with Nikki and some other friends...want me give her a wedgie for everyone? :P
            www.wesleysouthard.wordpress.com

Comment

You are a funny one, Caren. But you are right about so many cool people. I'm like you - just glad to be here.

Comment

Originally posted by WesleySouthard View Post
                I'm going to be flying out to PA in a couple of weeks to hang out with Nikki and some other friends...want me give her a wedgie for everyone? :P
                Have a great trip.

Comment

Wedgies for everyone! Damn, my wife actually got angry when I yanked her drawers up over her ears.
                  Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

I still think this race could be anyone's personally. I predicted 65 votes, so let say we hit that. That means there are still 16 votes likely...maybe more. A lot can change with that many votes and the pack being so close like this. I don't want to make anyone nervous or anything. :P

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                      Sorry, mstrom, but we need racing lingo. Maybe something like... "It looks like The Dark Caller has been disconnected."

At this point, I'm almost glad I didn't make the finals. I can't imagine your stress. And with that long back stretch, you won't even round turn 3 until Monday.
                      Well I was just putting it in terms Craig could relate to.

Comment

Good luck, everybody. Read a few really impressive and inspiring stories.
                        "Let's get drunker and argue about this some more." - Most Writers

Comment

Do the polls close on the 29th? I can't wait to find out who wins.

And thank you C.W. - Your "severe wedgie" comment made me crack up in my local library. I got a shush delivered with a dirty look and everything.
                          http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
                          http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
                          http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MrRoland View Post
                            And thank you C.W. - Your "severe wedgie" comment made me crack up in my local library. I got a shush delivered with a dirty look and everything.
                            Oh, those moments are precious. I love it when something I read makes me laugh out loud in public. There are often very severe looks. I remember reading John Irving’s A Prayer for Owen Meany and laughing on the BART train into San Francisco. That got a number of odd looks. More thrilling is when you’re writing something that makes you laugh out loud. I guess it must look very disturbing to see somebody scribbling in a notebook and snarking and giggling. Shit, if they only knew what I was writing. Hah!

MLD

Comment

"...and the trailing pack is now on the heals of the leaders! It's anyone's race..."

Comment

Originally posted by mlouisdixon View Post
                                I guess it must look very disturbing to see somebody scribbling in a notebook and snarking and giggling. Shit, if they only knew what I was writing. Hah!
                                I think the same thing when my kids are watching spongebob or something while I write.

Comment

Working...
                                X