No announcement yet.

Writing Contest Final Round!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a hard fought round. Congratulations to Nikita, C.W. and MLouisDixon! All the runner up stories were great,as well and even though I was eliminated early on, this contest was a very rewarding experience. I'm definitely getting a copy of the finished book.
    http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
    http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
    http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

Congratulations to the winners. It's been really fun reading all the stories.

Comment

Congrats to all the winners! I'm happy to report my story "By The Throat, with a few corrections here and there, replacing some missing words, ect., was just accepted to the Indiana Horror 2011 anthology! I'm really stoked about this.
        www.wesleysouthard.wordpress.com

Comment

Gratz! Great story!
          Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by WesleySouthard View Post
            Congrats to all the winners! I'm happy to report my story "By The Throat, with a few corrections here and there, replacing some missing words, ect., was just accepted to the Indiana Horror 2011 anthology! I'm really stoked about this.
            Congrats. That's the way to do it.
            FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Well deserved- that is a very good story. Congratulations!
              Last edited by jmcraven; 06-30-2011, 03:09 AM. Reason: to make it gooder

Comment

Way to go! That's what I like to hear!
                http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Excellent!!! I am so happy for you! It is a great story!!!
                  "I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later."- Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words, everyone! Makes this great day even better.
                    www.wesleysouthard.wordpress.com

Comment

Congrats to everyone. If the contest winners would like to send me an email with a word doc file of their story as well as a mailing address for where we can send the contracts to that would be great. If not I will send each of you an email requesting it when I get back from vacation. Congratulations again they where all great stories.
                      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

It’s been a hectic day and I just finally got to see the results.

Congrats CW, MLD, and Nikita!

And to all my competitors throughout this contest, it has been a sensational experience to be associated with such talented and gracious folks. I hope we are able to keep in contact.

Comment

Very cool!!!! I hope to see others report similar success stories.
                          Last edited by mstrom; 06-30-2011, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Draven Ames View Post
                            I'm happy to lose to you, Caren. Having made it in, you might not have to do contests like this again. Congratulations to you and yours.
                            You had a great run Draven! If it’s any consolation, when I checked the final round's contest submissions last night (they have since been moved) and sorted them by views, your story sat on top with the most views!
                            Last edited by mstrom; 06-30-2011, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Too cool. Well done. Just goes to show everyone that this is only the beginining for some, and not the end. And in typical horror fashion, I'd just like to say, thanks for raising my spirits.

Comment

In the immense hopes of getting the valuable insights of my highly esteemed colleagues (how’s that for adjective abuse), I posted the first critique for my own story The Dark Caller in the Sharing Your Work sub-forum. If any of you can spare the time, I would appreciate any feedback, good or bad. And yeah, even Your Story Blows is welcomed as long as you tell me why.

Thanks!
                                -Mike
                                Last edited by mstrom; 06-30-2011, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X