No announcement yet.

Writing Contest Final Round!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to all three winners and all the participants as well. This contest was such a good experience for me. I am honored to be in your company. Thank you goes out to Dan for setting this up.

Comment

Just wanted to say many thanks to all who entered. I am not a writer but am a keen reader and thoroughly enjoyed the stories I read. Congratulations to all who made the final round!

Comment

I wanted to say several things but I'll go with the most pressing first--thank you all SO much, not only for those of you who voted for my story, but those who read and enjoyed it. I have written various stories but I was always so hesitant on submitting anything for fear it was never good enough. All the positive feedback I've received on this forum since this contest began has done wonders for my attitude and my motivation, and I truly thank you all.

Also, thank you to the folks at Cemetery Dance for this opportunity to begin with. And I am sorry that I wasn't able to contribute to the conversations as much as I would have liked. Two jobs, a family...you guys have obligations as well so I'm sure you understand how tough it can be. But that's why I feel that I really have to make sure you all know how appreciative I am.

And of course, congratulations to the finalists and to everyone who participated in the contest, win or lose. These were a fantastic group of stories and I am so looking forward to reading more of them.
        (Nik, I'm looking in your direction... )

Comment

Originally posted by WesleySouthard View Post
          Congrats to all the winners! I'm happy to report my story "By The Throat, with a few corrections here and there, replacing some missing words, ect., was just accepted to the Indiana Horror 2011 anthology! I'm really stoked about this.
          Fantastic! Congratulations!
          http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
          http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
          http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by WesleySouthard View Post
            I'm happy to report my story "By The Throat, with a few corrections here and there, replacing some missing words, ect., was just accepted to the Indiana Horror 2011 anthology! I'm really stoked about this.
            Great news Wesley. I really liked your story.

MLD

Comment

Originally posted by Nikita View Post
              I wanted to say several things but I'll go with the most pressing first--thank you all SO much, not only for those of you who voted for my story, but those who read and enjoyed it. I have written various stories but I was always so hesitant on submitting anything for fear it was never good enough. All the positive feedback I've received on this forum since this contest began has done wonders for my attitude and my motivation, and I truly thank you all.

Also, thank you to the folks at Cemetery Dance for this opportunity to begin with. And I am sorry that I wasn't able to contribute to the conversations as much as I would have liked. Two jobs, a family...you guys have obligations as well so I'm sure you understand how tough it can be. But that's why I feel that I really have to make sure you all know how appreciative I am.

And of course, congratulations to the finalists and to everyone who participated in the contest, win or lose. These were a fantastic group of stories and I am so looking forward to reading more of them.
              (Nik, I'm looking in your direction... )
              Hahaha, thanks Nikita. Hearty congrats!!!
              www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Quality,is quality-the gems amongst the ore. You wrote a tight ,skilled GEM. Best of luck , Beambounder

Comment

Congrats to all finalists. Amazing work. Thanks to Cemetery Dance for the opportunity for all would be writers of dark tales to produce some great stories.It's been a joy, an absolute joy.
                  http://damaged-mind-shattered-soul.com//

If knowledge is power, then I am powerless

Comment

Congrats Nikita

Comment

I'm a little late to the victory party, but congrats to the winners!
                      Visit my horror/crime fiction blog October Country.
                      Stalk me on Twitter: @BluGilliand.

Comment

Congrats to all the winners! I just got back from vacation, and it looks like I missed the voting for round 2. Still, excellent stories!
                        http://www.valmuller.com

Comment

Dan,

Can you give us an update on the publication of this Chapbook? I know it's around here somewhere but I sure as hell can't find it. My winning book title may be the
                          closest I ever get to being published so I'm a little bit anxious. Thanks.
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                            Dan,

Can you give us an update on the publication of this Chapbook? I know it's around here somewhere but I sure as hell can't find it. My winning book title may be the
                            closest I ever get to being published so I'm a little bit anxious. Thanks.
                            Last I asked Brian, all the stories where with the proof reader. I'm hoping we should be able to get this out by the end of the year. It shouldn't take too long once we're through the proof reading / design phase.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                              Last I asked Brian, all the stories where with the proof reader. I'm hoping we should be able to get this out by the end of the year. It shouldn't take too long once we're through the proof reading / design phase.
                              Thanks for the quick reply. I'm actually pretty excited about this as there are some great stories from the contestants which should be read by a larger audience.
                              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I'm guessing the artwork contest will be settled at that time as well Dan?
                                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Working...
                                X