X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baal (Deluxe Signed Limited Edition)

Author: Robert McCammon
    Pub. Date: 2011

Please Note: We are getting an extremely limited number of copies of the signed Limited Edition, and we expect all editions from all sources to sell out very quickly, so do NOT wait to place your order!

Baal
    by Robert McCammon

Publisher: Subterranean Press
    Publication Date: Summer 2011
    Limited Edition: 1000 signed numbered hardcover copies: ($75)
    Deluxe Signed Slipcased Limited Edition: 224 signed numbered copies, with a different dust jacket than the limited edition, housed in a custom slipcase: ($125)

A Note From The Publisher:
    Subterranean Press just announced the first ever Signed Limited Edition of Baal by Robert McCammon! Baal has been OUT OF PRINT for years, and it has long been the Holy Grail for McCammon collectors. They aim to produce a special volume that stands out, with a full color dust jacket and interior illustrations. All copies will be SIGNED by the author!

About the Book:
    Baal was Robert McCammon's first novel, a debut that would lead to some of the finest popular fiction of our time. Written at the age of 25 and published as a paperback original in 1978, it has been out of print for years. This deluxe new edition from Subterranean Press will give McCammon's many readers - both newcomers and longtime fans - the opportunity to trace the development of an extraordinarily talented man.

The story begins with a horrific rape on the streets of New York City. Nine months after that violation, a most unusual child is born. His name is Jeffrey Harper Raines, but he quickly assumes his true name - and true purpose - as Baal, a new incarnation of the ancient prince of demons. The narrative recounts his lethal progress through the 20th century, which begins with the destruction of his earthly "family." From there, Jeffrey/Baal moves to a doomed Catholic orphanage, where he unleashes carnage on an unprecedented scale, then out into the wider world, where he embraces his destiny as the Prophet of the Damned, generating a legacy of chaos, violence, and despair.

Baal is very much a young man's book, raw and brimming with emotion. Listen closely and you'll hear the voice of a gifted storyteller struggling to be born. In 1978, the career that would encompass Swan Song, Boy's Life, and The Five still lay waiting several years down the road. This is where it began.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

I am so happy someone is releasing the early McCammon novels!!!

Comment

So am I.
      Although Baal isn't one of my favorites, I did go ahead and order the limited.
      Ha - I'm not even sure which edition I ordered...
      I think it was the deluxe one...

sk

Comment

I am such a fan of Mr. McCammon-his works were a huge part of my teenage years! Glad he has rejoined the writing world again!
        http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

You can set the two covers for Baal. http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Mer...ode=mccammon04

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
            So am I.
            Although Baal isn't one of my favorites, I did go ahead and order the limited.
            Ha - I'm not even sure which edition I ordered...
            I think it was the deluxe one...

sk
            Just checked...I ordered both...

sk

Comment

Just checked...I ordered both...

sk
              Showoff...J/K and LOL
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                Showoff...J/K and LOL
                Guilty......

sk

(don't get the J/K)

Comment

(don't get the J/K)
                  Internet slang for "Just Kidding"
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Ah....Thanks.

sk

Comment

Ah....Thanks.

sk
                      Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I was just making a joke and maybe it was a poor one. No offense was meant.
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                        Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I was just making a joke and maybe it was a poor one. No offense was meant.
                        And none was taken.
                        I just meant thanks for the explanation.

sk

Comment

This is resurrecting an old thread, but any idea when these books are expected to ship? I ordered one back in August but haven't heard anything more on the release (either here or elsewhere).

Thanks,

Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

Baal shipped a couple of months ago. I received both my copies sometime later.
                            If you contact Subterranean, I'm sure someone there can help out.

Good luck!

sk

Comment

Hmm, I ordered mine through CD... Thanks for the update though! It gives me a rough timeframe to work with.

- Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X