No announcement yet.

[IDEXED]King Blood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had originally picked this up as a cheap PB but am so glad I got the CD edition. Finished it last night and had forgotten what a great read it was.

Comment

I recieved this book just before the mail strike here in Canada haven't had a chance to read it as of yet. First Simon Clark book I read was Stranger and got hooked right there. Just finished Death's Dominion not to long ago and that made it to one of my all time favorite books list.

Comment

I think it's the cover that's keeping me from buying it.
        I just don't like it.

sk

Comment

Now Now don't ya know your never supposed to judge a book by it's cover. If that was the case I would have missed out on a lot of great reads.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
            I think it's the cover that's keeping me from buying it.
            I just don't like it.

sk
            Never judge a book......ah, nevermind!!!

Comment

I'm not judging the book - just the cover.
              Get your point, though.

sk

Comment

I can't think of a cover by Alan M Clark that i don't like!

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                  I'm not judging the book - just the cover.
                  Get your point, though.

sk
                  just kidding around...don't get to break out that expression very often!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tito_Villa View Post
                    I can't think of a cover by Alan M Clark that i don't like!
                    I would have to agree. I really like the cover for this one and it's what initially drew me to it since I'd never heard of the author before. Was the 3rd book I ordered from CD I think, right behind Blockade Billy and The Exorcist and Legion hardcover.
                    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                    Spoiler!

Comment

I now have one of these on the way to me so its been added to my 'to read list'

Comment

I must admit, though I've not read the book for a very long time, the cover doesn't work for me as I remember the story (looking back, my UK 1st came out in 1995, so it really is a long time since I read it, so could be wrong!)

It's about the only cover I've seen by AMC that hasn't quite gelled for me I think.

I do remember that I loved the book though, think it was the first SC book I read!
                        http://www.armadillorecords.co.uk - I've finally updated it.

Comment

Originally posted by folgersnyourcup View Post
                          Noone else ordered this and read it? If not, I suggest you do...
                          I'm sure I have this one and I think it was one of the books from the "Grab Bag" I iordered awhile back. It's still in a box somewhere in the spare room or a closet where this laptop is. I ned to starting reading more damn novles and put non-fiction on the back burner for once.
                          BTW, is 5 by McCammon (sp?) any good? That's another one I never even took out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                            I'm sure I have this one and I think it was one of the books from the "Grab Bag" I iordered awhile back. It's still in a box somewhere in the spare room or a closet where this laptop is. I ned to starting reading more damn novles and put non-fiction on the back burner for once.
                            BTW, is 5 by McCammon (sp?) any good? That's another one I never even took out of the box.
                            I haven't read this one yet as well...and yes please read The Five. It wasn't the easiest read (at least for me) however I thought it was very worth the time I invested in it.
                            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                              I haven't read this one yet as well...and yes please read The Five. It wasn't the easiest read (at least for me) however I thought it was very worth the time I invested in it.
                              Definitely.
                              First I want to read McCammon's Matthew Corbett series. Speaks the Nightbird will be a re-read, The Queen of Bedlam and Mr. Slaughter a first. By that time the fourth Corbett novel, The Providence Rider, will be available, I'm sure. Another Subterranean Press release (2012).

sk

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                                Ok, I'll give it a go. I really did like Swan Song, a huge book I was actually able to finish since it held my interest. At the same time, I couldn't finish Boy's Life. Novels were much easier for me when I was younger now that I'm in my 40's for whatever reasons. Probably because life is more complicated once you get older and it's hard for me to concentrate on things. Having said that, I do still like the "classics"...Dickens, James, Hawthorne, Poe, Lovecraft, Stevenson, etc, etc.
                                But both Dickens and especially Poe, can be very difficult to read unless you have a million word vocabulary .

Comment

Working...
                                X