No announcement yet.

The Five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine yesterday! I'm finishing up another book and "The Five" will be next on the list. I really can't wait to read this.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

King called The Five McCammon's best ever.
      Can't wait!

sk

Comment

Mail is slow to Australia so I am still waiting for this. Patience is a virtue! Like everyone else, I am looking forward to it.

Comment

We've made up some T-shirts to help promote The Five, if anyone is interested. Details can be found here.

Hunter

Comment

Best book of the year so far, and definitely the best of McCammon's work to date. My review can be found here.
            http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

So far, Boys Life is also my favorite McCammon, Kealan.
              After reading your very favorable review I can't wait to read The Five.
              I think I'm in for a treat.

sk

Comment

I've almost finished "The Five" and I have to say Wow! Hopefully the last quarter of the book doesn't let me down.

Comment

This is on my to read list!!!

Comment

All these positive reviews have convinced me to give this book a read. If I see it anywhere, I'll be sure to pick it up. Would order the flat signed one from CD, but shipping is too much.

Didn't CD have a promotion some time ago where they gave free shipping? Hope they do that again.

Comment

The free shipping is usually for pre-orders of their books.

Comment

Just found the email. They had 3 days of free worldwide shipping some months ago. That's something I could use again.

Comment

I hope you folks enjoy it. A week later and I'm still pondering the book. It was difficult to leave that world behind, a true testament to McCammon's skill as a writer.
                          http://www.kealanpatrickburke.com

Comment

Ok, I finished The Five. And yes, the writing was great, the character development was great and yes, that last chapter added a great piece to the whole story, but I just didn't love it like most other people did. I love McCammon's books, but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly why I didn't "love" it. Not sure. I think maybe I just wasn't nuts about the storyline itself, as well written as the story itself was. Oh well.

Comment

Decided to order this one based on all the praise here, should be coming in any day now.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                                Decided to order this one based on all the praise here, should be coming in any day now.
                                Great choice. This book is good on so many levels. I thought the last chapter provided almost the perfect wrap up for this tale.

Comment

Working...
                                X