No announcement yet.

Blogging All About It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my first true year, as well, Caren. I loved the blog. I have a lot in common with your experience. Going to show this to the wife.
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
      This is my first true year, as well, Caren. I loved the blog. I have a lot in common with your experience. Going to show this to the wife.
      That's why we're buds
      http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Thanks!

Not my blog, so I have to say that I copied this from RJ Cavender on Facebook(who you might know from Cutting Block Press). This is a great link that coincides with some of the things Caren posted. All good stuff, and I think these are typical lessons learned by both new and old writers alike. Some good information here....

http://jakonrath.blogspot.com/2011/1...ters-2012.html

Comment

Is a blog like a diary? How would I set one up? Do writers need one to take advantage of the full social networking experience. I would like a place where I could go periodically to bitch about the little things in life that I can't quite understand. Is that a blog? Should I just start a thread here. Like why do these anthology publishers all say 'no hard returns' between paragraphs?

Comment

Depends if you have something relevant to say. Having a blog is great for expressing your views or opinions, and many authors have them. They are a great tool for getting out there, but I don't think an author should feel required to have one. I use mine to show off my wares, and occasionally, someone else's. I've also written many a controversial opinion there, but almost all of them end up in the virtual trashcan. They are more therapeutic than anything I suppose.

Comment

Your blog is awesome, Ozmo! I like the nail through the eyeball thing. I need to come up with something scary like that for when I start a blog page. Do you have to register it with someone when you start one up. Like your domain name. or your artwork or avatar or whatever your scary thing is?

Comment

I just came from the land of your blog too, Cee Dub. Nice! I enjoyed your free read section with "Sodomy" as your first short flash piece. I thought you pulled it off nicely. Well Done, dear friend, well done!
                Last edited by Randy D. Rubin; 02-12-2012, 05:32 PM. Reason: misspelled word

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
                  I just came from the land of your blog too, Cee Dub. Nice! I enjoyed your free read section with "Sodomy" as your first short flash piece. I thought you pulled it off nicely. Well Done, dear friend, well done!
                  Why thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Flash isn't my favorite. Anything under 3K feels restrictive. Thanks for the visit-it's nice to hear feedback. Congrats again on that shortlist! I hope you get it.
                  http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

I'm ultra superstitious so I hope I haven't jinxed myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
                      Your blog is awesome, Ozmo! I like the nail through the eyeball thing. I need to come up with something scary like that for when I start a blog page. Do you have to register it with someone when you start one up. Like your domain name. or your artwork or avatar or whatever your scary thing is?
                      Thank you, sir. That image is actually a photoshop recreation of a drawing I did back in high school called, "Society's Pressures." Not many people understood what it meant at the time, although I thought it was clear, but it won a couple of awards in the high school show. Now the image means much more to me, of course, as I chase down this new career.

I register kennethwcain.com through Glowhost. They aren't the cheapest, but are pretty reliable and offer what I need. Originally I had a website and a blog, but gave up the main site. I've always considered rolling my Wordpress blog to that address, but I figure this way if anything happens, I can always switch blog hosts and people would still reach it through the same main address. Wordpress is free unless you choose their pro site, which is new.

My images are my own, so they don't have to be registered as they are protected by the DMCA, but there are many stock photo places you can get relatively cheap work from to use on your page. The DCMA has made it slightly more difficult, but it also offers us creative types more protection.

Hope that helps, Randy.

Comment

It sure does my friend, thanks. Hope you're feeling better today.

Comment

Working...
                        X