Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [INDEXED]The Exorcist and Legion (Special Edition)

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar

[INDEXED]The Exorcist and Legion (Special Edition)

Author: William Peter Blatty
    Artist: Keith Minnion (interiors)
    Page Count: 552
    Pub. Date: December 22, 2010
    ISBN: 978-1-58767-211-8

The Exorcist and Legion Special Edition
    by William Peter Blatty

Artwork by: Keith Minnion

A Note For Collectors:
    The signed Limited Edition and Lettered Edition both sold out pre-publication.
    About this Special Edition:
    Featuring two classic William Peter Blatty novels in one beautiful volume for the first-time ever, this oversized deluxe special edition will be a must-have for any collector of horror! This incredible collector's edition also includes original B&W artwork by acclaimed artist Keith Minnion and a career spanning interview conducted by Cemetery Dance Managing Editor Brian Freeman, covering Blatty's life and career from the 1950s to the present. Both the Limited Edition and the Lettered Edition are signed by William Peter Blatty and there are no plans at this time to publish a trade edition of this special volume.

A Note From the Author:
    "I have for many years envisioned The Exorcist and Legion to be one continuous read, even though the former is a fact-based, clearly 'religious thriller,' while the story of Legion delivers more excitingly on the level of a pure 'entertain-ment.' Never-the-less, it is Legion and not The Exorcist that is by far the more ambitious work in that the demonic homicides that police Lt. Kinderman is investigating are of much lesser concern to him than solving that case of cosmic homicide that for eons, and for so many and for so long, has been the foremost stumbling block to belief in a benevolent Creator, namely the so-called 'Problem of Evil,' to which Legion brazenly offers a solution."

Published in two states:
    Deluxe Oversized Hardcover Limited Edition of 750 signed and numbered copies bound in full-cloth, Smyth sewn, and issued without a dust jacket to resemble an old world volume ($75)
    Deluxe Traycased Hardcover Lettered Edition of 52 signed and lettered copies bound in leather and Smyth sewn with satin ribbon page marker ($400)

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Love this edition of the book, great artwork (as usual) and really like the cover design

Does anyone know when the lettered editions will ship? I was lucky enough to get one. I have received the limited (nice!) but not the lettered.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    For anybody debating tracking down this title, it is VERY WORTH the effort. It's a stunning oversize title. Great art and production values!!

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed the_last_gunslinger's Avatar
    This was a title I highly coveted for the longest time, but was never able to allocate an extra 75 dollars it would have cost to purchase it. I'm hoping I can find a copy on the secondary market, though I don't know if I want to know how much extra it will cost me. Based on customer reviews, however, it may be worth it anyway.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the_last_gunslinger View Post
    This was a title I highly coveted for the longest time, but was never able to allocate an extra 75 dollars it would have cost to purchase it. I'm hoping I can find a copy on the secondary market, though I don't know if I want to know how much extra it will cost me. Based on customer reviews, however, it may be worth it anyway.
    We sold some dinged copies at a decent discount not to long ago, we might have a few copies left. Send me an email if you're interested.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mapaul View Post
    Does anyone know when the lettered editions will ship? I was lucky enough to get one. I have received the limited (nice!) but not the lettered.
    We're aiming by the end of the year. The Lettered book itself is done and gorgeous, we just need the traycases. Our Lettered Editions are way behind schedule due to a couple of vendor issues, but we've worked all of those out so now it's just a matter of catching-up. We've planned a HUGE push this summer if all goes well, and we'll be sending out some updates when we know each Lettered Edition's expected delivery date. Thanks!

Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Books to Benefit: http://www.BooksToBenefit.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    My Official Writing Website: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    I would check out EBay or Amazon marketplace (usually Ebay is better, but have found some stuff cheaper on Amazon). I know I saw at least a couple copies of this book go for a lot cheaper than I would sell mine if I ever did.

Moderator Involuntarily Committed Antmusic's Avatar
    If it wasn't for CD releasing this omnibus, I don't think I ever would have read these classic novels. I am SO glad they did. These stories were beyond my expectations and I had a blast reading them!

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antmusic View Post
    If it wasn't for CD releasing this omnibus, I don't think I ever would have read these classic novels. I am SO glad they did. These stories were beyond my expectations and I had a blast reading them!
    One of the biggest thrills I've had is emailing with Bill Blatty hundreds of times during the production of Elsewhere and The Exorcist/Legion. I know it sounds silly, but I still smile whenever I see a new email from him! He's just such a nice guy.

Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Books to Benefit: http://www.BooksToBenefit.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    My Official Writing Website: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Freeman View Post
    One of the biggest thrills I've had is emailing with Bill Blatty hundreds of times during the production of Elsewhere and The Exorcist/Legion. I know it sounds silly, but I still smile whenever I see a new email from him! He's just such a nice guy.

Brian
    Brian,

I think that just shows why CD does so well. People can tell it's being run by people who are really fans of the genre themselves and love the books as much as we do.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed calason's Avatar
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the production values of this book. The stories are fantastic and it looks good to boot!
    -Chris Lason-

nerd alert
    gamertag : calason

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    I read Legion when it released and in it was the blurb about how the novels were meant to be read right after each other. A year later I read The Exorcist. For years I had a paperback of each. Now that I have this stunning edition, I was able to read them both as one novel. I particularly enjoyed Brian's "Conversation with WPB"; a fitting coda to a magnificent edition. Kudos all around to every one involved!!!

Moderator Involuntarily Committed Antmusic's Avatar
    I can only imagine what it will be like in a beautiful traycase... Mmmm.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    This conversation makes me regret not ordering this one. Guess it is another I have to find on the secondary market.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    This conversation makes me regret not ordering this one. Guess it is another I have to find on the secondary market.
    I only have the limited, but it's a stunning book. And it is a signed edition of The Exorcist!!!! That fact alone is worth the price of admission to me.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    I guess I'm one of the few who didn't really care for the movie too much, nor the book.
    Too much hype, too little substance...

sk

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    You're spot on with your criticism of the book: reading the Exocist is like trying to listen to a stuttering 10-year-old use a thesaurus as he speaks. Legion is the better written of the two books. The movie "The Exorcist" is much better than the book; but "Legion" was much better than "The Exorcist III."

But the edition that CD put together is absolutely beautiful (escpecially with the red cloth slipcase Mindy recommended. Thanks Mindy!) and worth owning.

Senior Member Hearing Voices Tito_Villa's Avatar
    Still looking for a copy on the seconday market, preferably in the UK

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication theenormityofitall's Avatar
    I ordered this book a long time ago...but I have the original anniversary edition of The Exorcist published back in the 90's.
    I wish the CD Pub one came with a slipcase.