Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Acceptance thread

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Quote Originally Posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
    Okay-so this isn't an acceptance for a story, but it is acceptance in the most nerdy way! Jonathan Maberry just read my weekly blog where I posted it in a facebook writer's forum and he said he "Loved it!". This makes me feel giddy! Here's the link if you want to read it. http://www.cwlasart.com/?p=367
    In my much lesser capacity, I'll mirror what Maberry said. That was a cool post Caren!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication C.W. LaSart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ Holden View Post
    In my much lesser capacity, I'll mirror what Maberry said. That was a cool post Caren!
    Thanks! Glad you liked it!

Senior Member Inmate
    Thank you all for easing my mind on this issue. I found this site using duotrope, Cee Dub. I wish we had a way of rating these markets that was somewhat up-to-the-minute so to speak. I really appreciate the reassurances, my friends, MLD, OZMO, PETE, and of course, CEE DUB. Back to the SUB shop to sell me bloody wares...

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Craig Wallwork's Avatar
    Recently been solicited to write a story for an upcoming issue of the webzine/.pdf zine Cannoli Pie (http://cannolipie.com/CannoliPieHome.html). It's going to be edited by author Caleb J Ross and will feature the talents of Brandon Tietz, Nik Korpon, Richard Thomas, Mel Bosworth, Chris Deal, Rob Parker!

This only ever happened to be twice before so it's a real confidence boost.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
    Recently been solicited to write a story for an upcoming issue of the webzine/.pdf zine Cannoli Pie (http://cannolipie.com/CannoliPieHome.html). It's going to be edited by author Caleb J Ross and will feature the talents of Brandon Tietz, Nik Korpon, Richard Thomas, Mel Bosworth, Chris Deal, Rob Parker!

This only ever happened to be twice before so it's a real confidence boost.
    Congratulations! Must be nice having someone ask you for a story, and not having to send out submissions.

Senior Member Hearing Voices ozmosis7's Avatar
    Gratz, Craig!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
    Thank you all for easing my mind on this issue. I found this site using duotrope, Cee Dub. I wish we had a way of rating these markets that was somewhat up-to-the-minute so to speak. I really appreciate the reassurances, my friends, MLD, OZMO, PETE, and of course, CEE DUB. Back to the SUB shop to sell me bloody wares...
    Which site? Horror Zine? They were just reporting the guy I think.

thanks guys, and yeah, it would be wonderful to never send out a submission again and just have people ask for stories, but alas, I fear I'm a million years from that point.

That would be nice, indeed.

Senior Member Inmate
    Way cool, Craig. Heartfelt congratulations to you and I hope to be there soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    WOW! Nice to see Koontz is getting involved. I know the guy also took the cover off of an activision game and used as a book cover. I am guessing he won't be happy down the road.
    He took me for an interview and a flash piece on his new zine-just found out it was him. He hasn't wronged me in any way yet, but I am in contact with the editor at Horror Zine and have requested he remove my pic-interview-and story from his site.

Quote Originally Posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
    I am in contact with the editor at Horror Zine and have requested he remove my pic-interview-and story from his site.
    I'm confused. I thought this guy plagiarized something from horror zine? Or is he the owner?

In other news, I just received notice I've been shortlisted for an anthology I very much want to be part of.

Junior Member Visitor
    My story, Patron Saint, won the monthly Spinetinglers Webzine contest for July and has been published there this month, and will appear in the publisher's annual print anthology in 2012. It can be found at http://spinetinglers.co.uk/ViewStories.aspx (you have to go to the drop-down menu to find the stories.)

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Quote Originally Posted by johnpeters View Post
    My story, Patron Saint, won the monthly Spinetinglers Webzine contest for July and has been published there this month, and will appear in the publisher's annual print anthology in 2012. It can be found at http://spinetinglers.co.uk/ViewStories.aspx (you have to go to the drop-down menu to find the stories.)
    That's fantastic! Congrats- I look forward to checking this out.

Quote Originally Posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    I'm confused. I thought this guy plagiarized something from horror zine? Or is he the owner?

In other news, I just received notice I've been shortlisted for an anthology I very much want to be part of.
    Sorry to be vague-This guy has nothing to do with Horror Zine-the editor of Horror Zine is the one who brought it to my attention. Reading that last sentence I wrote, I realize it could be confusing. David Boyer is the one who I requested remove my interview-his is New Voices of Horror or some shit like that. Horror Zine is A-OK!

Awesome! Good Job!

Great! Well done, John.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed mlouisdixon's Avatar
    Congratulations JP!

MLD

Senior Member Inmate RichardThomas's Avatar
    nicely done JP, love those guys, just did an eBook with their imprint, Snubnose Press

Junior Member Visitor
    My story, Patron Saint, won the monthly Spinetinglers contest, which means it is published on the Website now and will be included in an annual anthology published early in 2012. You can check out the story at http://spinetinglers.co.uk/ViewStories.aspx (just go to the "please select category" drop-down menu).

You can check out other publishing credits I have at http://johnpeters2.webs.com/