Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Acceptance thread

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Craig Wallwork's Avatar

Acceptance thread

For all those who receive an acceptance for their stories or novels, post it in here. Make us all happy.

Senior Member Inmate RichardThomas's Avatar
    this is where you can come to share your good news - later when it goes live hit the promotion thread

i have two short story collections that look like they're going to happen, but until i sign the contracts, i can't announce them yet - one leans horror, one leans neo-noir, with two different presses, one out this year and the other out early 2012 - i'm psyched

nothing else has been accepted lately

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Nik Houser's Avatar
    Sweet! Well done, Richard.

A couple of weeks ago I had a third story accepted by Gargoyle Magazine called "Under Hindsight's Knife." It's about a girl asked to dissect her arch enemy from high school in a college Gross Anatomy class. Not a horror story, believe it or not.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed mlouisdixon's Avatar
    I had a story accepted to Borderlands 6. It's been years and they have not published yet. It was such an honor to be picked by them that I'll wait forever if I have too, but come on! Still... I got accepted by Tom and Elizabeth Monteleone--fricking rocks!!!

MLD

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication C.W. LaSart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlouisdixon View Post
    I had a story accepted to Borderlands 6. It's been years and they have not published yet. It was such an honor to be picked by them that I'll wait forever if I have too, but come on! Still... I got accepted by Tom and Elizabeth Monteleone--fricking rocks!!!

MLD
    Good collections-worth the wait I'd say!

Quote Originally Posted by mlouisdixon View Post

MLD
    very cool, that would be sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Houser View Post
    Sweet! Well done, Richard.

A couple of weeks ago I had a third story accepted by Gargoyle Magazine called "Under Hindsight's Knife." It's about a girl asked to dissect her arch enemy from high school in a college Gross Anatomy class. Not a horror story, believe it or not.
    Awesome. I have a story there right now, I've been talking to Richard Peabody over there, and I hope my story gets in. I'd be thrilled to be in there. Heck, maybe we'll be in the same issue, Nik.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Nik Houser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardThomas View Post
    I've been talking to Richard Peabody over there, and I hope my story gets in. I'd be thrilled to be in there. Heck, maybe we'll be in the same issue, Nik.
    That'd be most excellent. Richard's awesome. He gave me my first break with my story "First Kisses from Beyond the Grave."

Senior Member Hearing Voices ozmosis7's Avatar
    I have so many stories up in the air right now, one is bound to land on the positive side, yes? [Crosses fingers] I think you need a certain amount of acceptances within your rejections or the entire world goes off balance.

just spoke to richard today, nothing confirmed yet, but he'll have an answer to me by week's end, we had a nice chat back and forth, more fingers crossed, (you too oz) - i feel like a pretzel

Not really an acceptance, but there is something so pleasing about selling a couple of books Amazon, and watching your rating go from 4.5 million to the top 10,000 for a few minutes LOL. Even if it is short-lived I still get all goosed up about it.

ha...for sure

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed RJHubbard53's Avatar
    I got accepted as a contributor in the upcoming special edition of Blink Ink's "Special Noir Edition". I wrote a "blink fiction" piece called "John the Baptist"

http://www.blink-ink.com/

It's not much but it's my first ever submission and acceptance by a real editor
    It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Awesome RJ!

Gratz RJ. Keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
    I got accepted as a contributor in the upcoming special edition of Blink Ink's "Special Noir Edition". I wrote a "blink fiction" piece called "John the Baptist"

I saw your name and thought that was you. Congratulations. I'm in here too, and they asked me to write a special introduction for it. Very cool. Glad to be in here with you. A couple other names I recognized too, some friends and peers, can't really talk about it yet, but it looks like a great issue. I'll be in Issue #7 as well, the following issue. Hard to write those little 50-word buggers, yeah?

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Craig Wallwork's Avatar

Too cool, RJ. And you're in great company too.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed

That's awesome- congtas RJ!

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed RJHubbard53's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardThomas View Post
    I saw your name and thought that was you. Congratulations. I'm in here too, and they asked me to write a special introduction for it. Very cool. Glad to be in here with you. A couple other names I recognized too, some friends and peers, can't really talk about it yet, but it looks like a great issue. I'll be in Issue #7 as well, the following issue. Hard to write those little 50-word buggers, yeah?
    I figure with only 50 words I don't have as much opportunity to F' it up
    It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed mlouisdixon's Avatar
    I had my story The Wings of a Fly over at Dark Discoveries for many months. Back in March I sent a query because they had closed their submissions. I got a quick response telling me that they were just about to get to my story and that I’d hear from them in the next week or so. I never did.

When this competition came up, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity. Turns out I’m going to be published by CD so it was a good call. I sent an email to Dark Discoveries letting them know that since I hadn’t heard back from them, I assumed my story was not accepted and I let them know that it has been accepted elsewhere.

I got a reply back immediately. As it turns out, my story was supposed to go to the “maybe” pile. They really like my writing. (very nice to hear) What happened was that instead of the notification being sent to me, it ended up going to their Administrator email. Basically, it fell through the cracks. The gist of it is that they want me to send something else and it won’t have to go to the bottom of the pile.

Now I gotta put something together over the long weekend. I have an idea that I think will work. I certainly hope that I work well under pressure. This is a first for me.

MLD

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    Good luck with it, MLD. Let us know what happens!
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.