No announcement yet.

Acceptance thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Randy! Yeee Hawww! I think that’s what they say down here in Texas. Congratulations on your acceptance.

MLD

Comment

I have a kinda-sorta-acceptance to post.
      About 6 years ago, I had a short story accepted to Borderlands 6. They ended up scrapping everything so it never came about.
      When they opened up for submissions last year I asked if it was still on their list and they told me that I had to submit again.
      And I was like "damn!", but I never said that. I just submitted with a pleasant "I hope you still like it."
      I just got an email from Borderlands Press that said "We still like it."
      I think that's an acceptance.

MLD

Comment

That's fantastic MLOUIS (by the way, what's the Louis stand for again?) Sorry, I mean what's the M short for? Equal congratulations are in order for your perseverence and hard work. I love it when friends like you and Ricky T(Richard Thomas)and Ozmo and Nik and Cee Dub and Craig and the list goes on ad infinitum can get something published and we all share in the joy of the process. I'm as happy for you and Richard as I am for me damnable ol' self, there lad. That, my friend, is a definite acceptance, no doubt about it. Celebrate!

Comment

Gratz, MLD. That's a good one to be in.
          Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by mlouisdixon View Post
            I have a kinda-sorta-acceptance to post.
            About 6 years ago, I had a short story accepted to Borderlands 6. They ended up scrapping everything so it never came about.
            When they opened up for submissions last year I asked if it was still on their list and they told me that I had to submit again.
            And I was like "damn!", but I never said that. I just submitted with a pleasant "I hope you still like it."
            I just got an email from Borderlands Press that said "We still like it."
            I think that's an acceptance.

MLD
            That is wonderful!
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Awesome MLD! I thought that one closed awhile ago, but I see it still looks open. Might have to try for it That's a heavy-hitter of an acceptance! Congrats.
              http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                Awesome MLD! I thought that one closed awhile ago, but I see it still looks open. Might have to try for it That's a heavy-hitter of an acceptance! Congrats.
                Yeah, I thought they were closing that last October. I'll have to try to clean up one that I've had trouble with for a while for this.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I was wrong. It now says closed for submissions again.

Comment

I made it past the first round of Amazon's Breakthrough Novel Award (Young Adult Edition). It's not really an acceptance, but it was nice that someone read my pitch and didn't say, "Well that sounds completely stupid."

Comment

Has anyone got one for that Abbatoir Press submission call? They're looking for novellas.

Comment

Congrats Robert! No Randy, I don't have any novella length stories.

Comment

Gratz, Robert!
                          Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Yeah Robert. Way to go, welcome and congratulations are in order. Hi Ozmo. Hi Cee Dub! I wonder where Richard and Nik and Craig have gotten off to lately?

Comment

Good question. I haven't heard from Craig in weeks Shall we jaunt to England?

Comment

Indubitably my dear. It would be a journey most inexplicably efficacious. Pip. Pip. Cheerio. Ay Wot?

Comment

Working...
                                X