Acceptance thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acceptance thread

For all those who receive an acceptance for their stories or novels, post it in here. Make us all happy.

this is where you can come to share your good news - later when it goes live hit the promotion thread

i have two short story collections that look like they're going to happen, but until i sign the contracts, i can't announce them yet - one leans horror, one leans neo-noir, with two different presses, one out this year and the other out early 2012 - i'm psyched

nothing else has been accepted lately
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Sweet! Well done, Richard.

A couple of weeks ago I had a third story accepted by Gargoyle Magazine called "Under Hindsight's Knife." It's about a girl asked to dissect her arch enemy from high school in a college Gross Anatomy class. Not a horror story, believe it or not.
      www.nikhouser.com

Comment

I had a story accepted to Borderlands 6. It's been years and they have not published yet. It was such an honor to be picked by them that I'll wait forever if I have too, but come on! Still... I got accepted by Tom and Elizabeth Monteleone--fricking rocks!!!

MLD

Comment

Originally posted by mlouisdixon View Post
          I had a story accepted to Borderlands 6. It's been years and they have not published yet. It was such an honor to be picked by them that I'll wait forever if I have too, but come on! Still... I got accepted by Tom and Elizabeth Monteleone--fricking rocks!!!

MLD
          Good collections-worth the wait I'd say!
          http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mlouisdixon View Post

MLD
            very cool, that would be sweet

Originally posted by Nik Houser View Post
            Sweet! Well done, Richard.

A couple of weeks ago I had a third story accepted by Gargoyle Magazine called "Under Hindsight's Knife." It's about a girl asked to dissect her arch enemy from high school in a college Gross Anatomy class. Not a horror story, believe it or not.
            Awesome. I have a story there right now, I've been talking to Richard Peabody over there, and I hope my story gets in. I'd be thrilled to be in there. Heck, maybe we'll be in the same issue, Nik.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
              I've been talking to Richard Peabody over there, and I hope my story gets in. I'd be thrilled to be in there. Heck, maybe we'll be in the same issue, Nik.
              That'd be most excellent. Richard's awesome. He gave me my first break with my story "First Kisses from Beyond the Grave."
              www.nikhouser.com

Comment

I have so many stories up in the air right now, one is bound to land on the positive side, yes? [Crosses fingers] I think you need a certain amount of acceptances within your rejections or the entire world goes off balance.
                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

just spoke to richard today, nothing confirmed yet, but he'll have an answer to me by week's end, we had a nice chat back and forth, more fingers crossed, (you too oz) - i feel like a pretzel

Comment

Not really an acceptance, but there is something so pleasing about selling a couple of books Amazon, and watching your rating go from 4.5 million to the top 10,000 for a few minutes LOL. Even if it is short-lived I still get all goosed up about it.

Comment

ha...for sure

Comment

I got accepted as a contributor in the upcoming special edition of Blink Ink's "Special Noir Edition". I wrote a "blink fiction" piece called "John the Baptist"

http://www.blink-ink.com/

It's not much but it's my first ever submission and acceptance by a real editor
                        It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

Awesome RJ!
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Gratz RJ. Keep at it.

Comment

Originally posted by RJHubbard53 View Post
                              I got accepted as a contributor in the upcoming special edition of Blink Ink's "Special Noir Edition". I wrote a "blink fiction" piece called "John the Baptist"

http://www.blink-ink.com/

It's not much but it's my first ever submission and acceptance by a real editor
                              I saw your name and thought that was you. Congratulations. I'm in here too, and they asked me to write a special introduction for it. Very cool. Glad to be in here with you. A couple other names I recognized too, some friends and peers, can't really talk about it yet, but it looks like a great issue. I'll be in Issue #7 as well, the following issue. Hard to write those little 50-word buggers, yeah?

Comment

Working...
                              X