No announcement yet.

Acceptance thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another story accepted, this time by Grim Corps. They'll be publishing "Glass Onion," one of my earlier stories I've continued to be fond of, next month.

And thanks, Lauren. I'm jealous of your elevator ride!

Comment

cover-names.jpg

Here's one of those late night emails I love to get. Chiral Mad 2—I'm IN! Thrilled to join Jack Ketchum, Ramsey Campbell, Mort Castle, Max Booth III, Gene O'Neill, Gary MacMahon, Erik T. Johnson, Andrew Hook, David Morrell, and many others.

Out later this year. http://blog.nettirw.com/2013/08/27/c...ntents-part-1/

Expect wolves, fireflies, waking up in a field, lost love, a hut on a hill—you know, the usual. Honored, humbled, and stoked.
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Congrats, Richard. Seems a cool concept for an anthology.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Wehunt View Post
          Congrats, Richard. Seems a cool concept for an anthology.
          yeah, it was hard to nail down what "chiral mad" meant. 4th time was the charm :-)

Comment

Congrats again, Richard. Still waiting here.
            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
              Congrats again, Richard. Still waiting here.
              good luck, hope you get in!

Comment

Congrats!
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Don't know where to mention this, as it's not a proper acceptance, but I just got off the phone with the director of the Writers of the Future contest, and I'm a finalist for the 3rd quarter!! I'm one of 8 finalists that will be judged by the panel. 3 winners will be chosen and win prizes and publication and unicorns and everlasting glory. So for the next couple of weeks, I'll be keeping my phone nearby.

Totally weird. It's my first time entering the contest.

Comment

Congratz! Good Luck!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Don't know where to mention this, as it's not a proper acceptance, but I just got off the phone with the director of the Writers of the Future contest, and I'm a finalist for the 3rd quarter!! I'm one of 8 finalists that will be judged by the panel. 3 winners will be chosen and win prizes and publication and unicorns and everlasting glory. So for the next couple of weeks, I'll be keeping my phone nearby.

Congrats! And super cool on the first time entrance! One of my friends won maybe the second quarter...? I heard winners get to go to a fancy awards ceremony where there is no brain washing involved whatsoever.
                      Last edited by Lauren Dixon; 09-26-2013, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks, you two. I'm already filling up with hope and dread. Added onto my Cemetery Dance submission, I'm an emotional roller coaster.

Comment

MIchael- congrats! that's awesome! I always wondered about their 'pro' classifications in terms of submitting, how do they look at that?

Comment

Congrats! I need to keep that contest in mind as I might have to enter it after writing and editing my NaNoWriMo story for this year. Will be the first time writing anything science fiction for me, and hadn't planned on doing it, but I am going to have as the story I have been thinking of for the last few months. I don't know if it will be good enough to win or not, but won't know until it is done. Hell, I have to write 50,000 words for NaNo, so I might not be able to reduce the size enough to qualify anyway! Will just have to see how things turn out I guess
                            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                            Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Victorya View Post
                              MIchael- congrats! that's awesome! I always wondered about their 'pro' classifications in terms of submitting, how do they look at that?
                              It's in the contest rules on their website. Something along the lines of: You can't have more than 3 professional publications (at time of entry) that have either sold more than 5000 copies or had more than 5000 online hits.

Comment

HUZZAH! I CAN FINALLY ANNOUNCE that my 13,500 word story Son of Abyss will appear in Monstrous Affections, an anthology of original stories edited by Kelly Link and Gavin Grant, published by Candlewick in 2014.

A coming-of-age story about blood sacrifice, the rough draft was written at Clarion West, the residential writers program I attended for six weeks last summer. I can't spill the beans on any of the authors involved in the antho, but I'm incredibly honored/humbled/thrilled to be among them.
                                www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Working...
                                X