Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones (HBO) (Possible spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game of Thrones (HBO) (Possible spoilers)

Ok,

SO not that Season 1 is over. Did anyone watch it? Did you like it? Had you read the books already?

I read Game of Thrones when it first came out in 1996 and love that and the next three volumes as they came out. I think HBO did a great job with the first season and I think the casting turned out very well too. I look forward to Season 2 in 2012!!

Can't wait for the books.....but will have to, many years yet.
    I'll buy the BD-sets of these seasons (there will be a second season or so I've heard), but won't watch till after having read the novels.
    Sheer torture, all this waiting.

sk

Comment

did the season finish with the ending of the book? Because "Game of Thrones" is one of the best fantasy books I read that year (or any year since). It ends with one of the most astonishing scenes I've ever come across in fantasy literature. From one of the pictures for the actress Emilia Clarke on imdb, it looks like it does. I think HBO could be trusted to make this scene come out right...
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Yes. Lastr scene of book as lastr scene of season 1 and as cool as you would hope for.

Comment

I thought HBO did great. I've always loved HBO. I also heard a while back that HBO bought the option for Under the Dome.

Comment

Man I wish I had HBO just for this show. I've been a fan of the series since it was first published and cannot wait for GRRM to wrap this sucker up. Based on all the reviews of the show I'm going to have to pick up season one on disc and then maybe order me some HBO.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
              I've been a fan of the series since it was first published and cannot wait for GRRM to wrap this sucker up.
              I think we're in for a long wait yet.

sk

Comment

I haven't read A Storm of Swords yet (tho I have it). I read the first one when it came out on the recommendation of a friend (thanks, Josh!) and the second one while floating of the coast of Iran waiting for them to do something stupid...which they never did. But if HBO starts making them each book a season, I'll have to get it in gear...
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

George Martin said he really hopes they break Storm of Sword into two seasons because of it's length of the show would get renewed for a 3rd and 4th season. Storm is the best book after Game of Thrones. A LOT of great stuff happens in Storm.

Comment

I haven't seen this but I loved the books. Want the next one to be out today, darn it.

Comment

15 days!!! 15 days!!! 15 days!!! 15 days!!! 15 days!!! Woohoo!!!!

Comment

I'm with you guys who haven't started it since the series is so far from being concluded. I waited on the Dark Tower as well and only started on it when book 7 was completed. I am really looking forward to reading these and they probably will be finished (even if it requires an additional author like the Wheel of Time series). However, I just don't want to start something that may not get finished and then wonder what would have happened. I think it's the OCD in me, which I know others here can relate to... :-P

Comment

Finished the first book so now I can finally watch the show. Just need it to come out on dvd/blu-ray now....

Comment

Working...
                          X