The Random Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Random Thread

I thought we needed a thread that was for anything that doesn't fit nicely into the other categories. Since this IS the Writer's Corner, it should have something to do with writing, literature, comics, authors, whatever.

Saw a really interesting little half-hour show titled Top 20 Tales of Terror. Not often you find people talking about books on tv like that. For me it was on AT&TUverse_OnDemand_Free_CuttingEdge_Illusion_Top2 0TalesofTerror.

See if you can find it on your cable. I actually know some of the people speaking - people from the HWA, a writer in STL, Laurell K. Hamilton, etc. Worth the watch.
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Is a great story enough?

Comment

sure, whatever you want to post up, brother - random, misc. anything that got your attention

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
        Is a great story enough?
        Hahaha... Actually that was a question, Richard. Like, can a great story be enough to make you a successful writer? I'm think there are lots of great writers out there that probably have wonderful m/s under their bed, but maybe they got shot down once, a story they loved was rejected and so they threw the towel in. And yet, there are writers out there that are okay, but promote the shit out themselves. So, is a story enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
          Hahaha... Actually that was a question, Richard. Like, can a great story be enough to make you a successful writer? I'm think there are lots of great writers out there that probably have wonderful m/s under their bed, but maybe they got shot down once, a story they loved was rejected and so they threw the towel in. And yet, there are writers out there that are okay, but promote the shit out themselves. So, is a story enough?
          you trying to tell me something, craig? one story does not a writer make, but i can't imagine many authors give up after one rejection - if you don't have thick skin, you'll never make it

Comment

You're more than okay. That's the only compliment you're getting from me this week.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
              you trying to tell me something, craig? one story does not a writer make, but i can't imagine many authors give up after one rejection - if you don't have thick skin, you'll never make it
              If you can't develop a thick skin-you NEED to give up. This business is brutal!
              http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                If you can't develop a thick skin-you NEED to give up. This business is brutal!
                Also helps to wear leather as much as possible, to toughen up your skin a little more LOL. I got a very nice review the other day, and it would have been perfect--except for that last paragraph. In that last paragraph, it got pretty rough. But you just say thank you and move on. Be gracious, and it will come back to you. Rejection is a high percentage of a writers life. Keep on writing.
                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Shit-even if you get accepted there's always some critic out there waiting to chew you up!
                  http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                    Also helps to wear leather as much as possible, to toughen up your skin a little more LOL.
                    I was in politics for ten years and went on to write political opinion for another six. I don't think my skin can get any thicker! ha ha - I "escaped" to fiction writing.

Little did I know.

KT

Comment

Originally posted by KT Wagner View Post
                      I was in politics for ten years and went on to write political opinion for another six. I don't think my skin can get any thicker! ha ha - I "escaped" to fiction writing.

Little did I know.

KT
                      ROFL, Nice!

Comment

On another note, one day I am going to write story about my sinuses and some of the things I wish to do to them, like stab them with a knitting needle.

Comment

Didn't someone already do that with their tonsils? C'mon oz, don't be derivative!
                          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                            Didn't someone already do that with their tonsils? C'mon oz, don't be derivative!
                            LOL true. Forgot about that story.

Comment

What are your favorite words to sprinkle in your stories? Random question.

Comment

Working...
                              X