• Time
  • Show
Clear All

randy, here's my thoughts on NSS:

http://whatdoesnotkillme.com/2009/08/31/simultaneous/
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
      That, my friend, is an excellent idea. How are you these days?
      I've been good. Very busy, but good. Work eats up so much more time than the job I had last year, but that company has now closed up, so it's much better this way. I'm trying to complete NaNoWriMo this year. If I get some writing done tonight it will officially be the longest I've been at it. I've taken the wild, dangerous leap of starting a novel with no planning whatsoever, so I really hope I can keep it going. At midnight on the 31st, I got a title from a desktop icon, and a first sentence popped into my mind. I'm way behind my average on the word count, but hope to catch up before the end of the month. It's a fun ride so far with no idea where the story will go. I know the basics of my setting (it being my own fictional little corner of the world), but I've already learned a couple new things about the history and geography of the county, so that's really cool.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Best of luck Terry. I know you can do this.

Comment

MLD: I'm swooning with revulsion. Man, how much longer will people actually be able--and willing--to read at all?
          Bill G.

Comment

Woot! Writing today and it feels great. The story may not be but it feels great to be writing again.
            Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I haven't written in a week. I feel so dirty! I need to get back into my nut house story and finish it, damn it. I just got The Century's Best Horror Two Volume monster set from my daughter and I want to dive in and not come out for a while. Is that a piss poor excuse NOT to go back to the writing... Hells to the yes! So I'll wait on the Century of Spooky until I finish this tale I'm writing. There, I've said it. So let it be written, so let it be done, as Yul Brenner use to say.

Comment

Wicked bad sinus headaches here lately, but forcing myself to pound something out. If I can't fix it later, I'll trash it. Otherwise just another day hard at work. Glad you are getting something out, Tim. And you gotta do what you gotta do, Randy. Reading certainly isn't the worst of choices.
                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Have fun Randy and thanks Ken! I'm happy to be putting something on the hard drive for a change.
                  Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Happy New Year everyone! I started the year with a submission to Blood Bound Books Night Terrors III. Here's to a productive year and pro sales for us all!
                    http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                      Happy New Year everyone! I started the year with a submission to Blood Bound Books Night Terrors III. Here's to a productive year and pro sales for us all!
                      Happy New Year to you, too.

And a super thank you to you, Caren, for your Open Call Facebook page. I have just made my first submission! I'm not going to hold my breath too deep, since the deadline was today, and it's only a second draft. But my fingers are gonna stay crossed.

I hope to have a productive year, and hope the rest of you do, too.
                      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I'm so glad you have found value in the page! Good luck on your submission and should it be rejection, cherish it as your first!

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                          I'm so glad you have found value in the page! Good luck on your submission and should it be rejection, cherish it as your first!
                          Being cherished as we speak. "Alas it does not fit my needs." On to the next thing.

Comment

I got one of those yesterday as well, but I was expecting it. I knew it was stretch for the theme.

Comment

Mine was too. It was for a zombie anthology and the story was a stream of consciousness, first person account.

Comment

Hey everyone I just got an acceptance to Scarlett River Press's "In Darkness Dwells" anthology. My first professional poetry sale. I'm so stoked! Yabba dabba doooooo!

Comment

Working...
                                X