Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Random Thread

Senior Member Inmate
    I haven't written in a week. I feel so dirty! I need to get back into my nut house story and finish it, damn it. I just got The Century's Best Horror Two Volume monster set from my daughter and I want to dive in and not come out for a while. Is that a piss poor excuse NOT to go back to the writing... Hells to the yes! So I'll wait on the Century of Spooky until I finish this tale I'm writing. There, I've said it. So let it be written, so let it be done, as Yul Brenner use to say.

Senior Member Hearing Voices ozmosis7's Avatar
    Wicked bad sinus headaches here lately, but forcing myself to pound something out. If I can't fix it later, I'll trash it. Otherwise just another day hard at work. Glad you are getting something out, Tim. And you gotta do what you gotta do, Randy. Reading certainly isn't the worst of choices.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Have fun Randy and thanks Ken! I'm happy to be putting something on the hard drive for a change.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication C.W. LaSart's Avatar
    Happy New Year everyone! I started the year with a submission to Blood Bound Books Night Terrors III. Here's to a productive year and pro sales for us all!

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
    Happy New Year everyone! I started the year with a submission to Blood Bound Books Night Terrors III. Here's to a productive year and pro sales for us all!
    Happy New Year to you, too.

And a super thank you to you, Caren, for your Open Call Facebook page. I have just made my first submission! I'm not going to hold my breath too deep, since the deadline was today, and it's only a second draft. But my fingers are gonna stay crossed.

I hope to have a productive year, and hope the rest of you do, too.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

I'm so glad you have found value in the page! Good luck on your submission and should it be rejection, cherish it as your first!

Quote Originally Posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
    I'm so glad you have found value in the page! Good luck on your submission and should it be rejection, cherish it as your first!
    Being cherished as we speak. "Alas it does not fit my needs." On to the next thing.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

I got one of those yesterday as well, but I was expecting it. I knew it was stretch for the theme.

Mine was too. It was for a zombie anthology and the story was a stream of consciousness, first person account.

Senior Member Inmate
    Hey everyone I just got an acceptance to Scarlett River Press's "In Darkness Dwells" anthology. My first professional poetry sale. I'm so stoked! Yabba dabba doooooo!

Senior Member Inmate Sabrina Morgan's Avatar
    Congrats
    "now youes can't leave"
    A Bronx Tale
    directed by Robert De Niro.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Lucian Poll's Avatar
    Nice one, Randy.

I wouldn't know where to begin writing poetry, so hats off to you. Knowing me they'd all turn out like limericks!

3... 2... 1... There was a young man from Nantucket...

Yeah. I'd better stop right there.
    The home of your least humble servant, Mr Poll: http://lucianpoll.com
    Then, of course, there's the Twitter thing: @LucianPoll
    ...oh, and the Facebook thing too: https://www.facebook.com/lucian.poll

Way to go RR.

Senior Member Inmate
    Thanks all.

A lovely little review on Goodreads from our very own Squire. Thank you Sir! http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/504196044

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    You're welcome, Caren. Looking forward to any future offerings from you.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Senior Member Inmate
    Up to my eyeballs in a very red state. I'm sort of a purple girl.
    In the town I live in, there is a used book store that has been in place for 40+ years. It is big and old and the same family has owned it since the beginning. It is stuffed to the rafters with books. Good ones, bad ones, rare ones. I just wanted to tell Cemetery Dance that in all the years I've gone in there, I have never once since a Cemetery Dance book on their shelves. Of course, Cemetery Dance isn't as old, but to me it just says that people will sell their books, but not Cemetery Dance books. I always look at the spines in search of someone selling something, but never never see one.

Hmm, that also might be due to the area of the country I'm in. I wonder how many customers they have from my state? Without saying where I am located, probably not many. :-)
    "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Senior Member Inmate
    Hello again my friends. I just heard a tidbit of sad gossip that Pill Hill Press is going under. It's a sad thing when a market that we send stories to goes down. But you didn't hear that from me. I was over at Wicked East press's forum and I heard it there. On the plus side I found another Horror market place like Duotrope called Dark world or something like that... It starts with dark AND ITS FRIGGIN' FREE (those money grubbin' Duotropic rat bastards).
    Next order of WTF... is it bad form to ask someone to read your first novella and give an honest review say, on Goodreads or some other reputable place? My first book (E-Book only) HASN'T sold one single solitary copy. Anyway, if one of you would like to read it, review it and post said review somewhere where actual other people who read are looking and reading at any given time, I would greatly appreciate it and be forever in your debt. If it's bad Writer form, then forget I ever brought it up.

Senior Member Hearing Voices ozmosis7's Avatar
    If you want to send me a copy, Ill add it to my reading list. ken@kennethwcain.com

Senior Member Inmate
    Awesome Ozmo. Congrats again and thanks.