Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: [INDEXED]The Best of Cemetery Dance: Volume 2

Junior Member Visitor
    Thanks to Martin as well - is this the book you're referring to? https://web.archive.org/web/20101217...ROD/o_jnwill01 That might be interesting to see a list of titles CD only released as an ARC - probably hasn't happened too many times.

Senior Member Get a Life, why don'tcha! bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Quote Originally Posted by kshane View Post
    Thanks to Martin as well - is this the book you're referring to? https://web.archive.org/web/20101217...ROD/o_jnwill01 That might be interesting to see a list of titles CD only released as an ARC - probably hasn't happened too many times.
    No. The one at this link was produced by Gauntlet Press and is a graphic novel adaptation of some of the stories in the series. I have this one and itís a beautiful book

Administrator Lobotomized Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kshane View Post
    Dark Masques is the only one that I can think of.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Distant Barony of Mejis Inmate Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I have an ARC for a CD title Dark Masques. The ARC has a publication date of December 2010. I am assuming that this one died on the vine. Would have been a great limited edition though.
    Does this ARC have the same content as the Pinnacle paperback? If so, I must add it to my McCammon want list. (I am a hopeless McCammon completist.)

Dark Masques.jpg

Nothing to see here! Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    I will list the full table of contents in the CD ARC of Dark Masques. It has at least some of the contents on the link from kshane but no illustrations. It may have the same contents as the edition listed by Mr. Grigsby (yes you will want to have this for you McCammon collection):

Edited by J.N. Williamson
    Previously published as Masques 1984 by Maclay and Associated Inc. and Masques II 1987 by Maclay & Associates Inc.
    465 Pages

Rediscovering Masques by Gary A. Braunbeck
    Introduction by J.N. Williamson
    Nightcrawlers by Robert McCammon
    Somebody Like You by Dennis Etchison
    Samhain: Full Moon and I Have Made My Bones Secure by Ardath Mayhar
    Third Wind by Richard Christian Matheson
    Redbeard by Gene Wolfe
    The Turn of Time by David B Silva
    Soft by F. Paul Wilson
    House Mothers by J.N. Williamson
    Party Time by Mort Castle
    Everybody Needs A Little Love by Robert Bloch
    Angel's Exchange by Jessica Amanda Salmonson
    Down by the Sea Near the Great Big Rock by Joe R Lansdale
    The First Day of Spring by David Knoles
    Czadek by Ray Russell
    The Old Men Know by Charles L. Grant
    The Substitute by Gahan Wilson
    The Alteration by Dennis Hamilton
    Trust Not a Man by William F Nolan
    Long After Ecclesiastes by Ray Bradbury
    My Grandmother's Japonicas (with tributes) by Charles Beaumont
    Popsy by Stephen King
    Second Sight by Ramsey Campbell
    The Yard by William F Nolan
    The New Season by Robert Bloch
    The Near Departed by Richard Matheson
    Ice Sculptures by David B Silva
    Wiping the Slate Clean by G. Wayne Miller
    The Litter by James Kisner
    Splatter: A Cautionary Tale by Douglas E. Winter
    Deathbed by Richard Christian Matheson
    American Gothic by Ray Russell
    Moist Dreams by Stanley Waiter
    Dog, Cat, and Baby by Joe R. Lansdale
    Nothing from Nothing Comes by Katherine Ramsland
    If You Take My Hand, My Son by Mort Castle
    Maurice and Mog by James Herbet
    Fish Story by Dennis Hamilton
    Outsteppin' Fetchit by Charles R. Sanders
    In the Tank by Ardath Mayhar
    Hidey Hole by Steve Rasnic Tem
    The Night is Freezing Fast by Thomas F. Montelone
    Buried Talents by Richard Matheson
    Lake George in High August by John Robert Bensink
    Wordsong by J. N. Williamson
    The Man Who Drowned Puppies by Thomas Sullivan
    The Boy Who Came Back From the Dead by Alan Rodgers

I also agree with Dan. This has been the only CD ARC I have seen that never came to be.

Here is the cover photo from my collection thread. https://forum.cemeterydance.com/show...lection/page32

I will list the full table of contents in the CD ARC of Dark Masques. It has at least some of the contents on the link from kshane but no illustrations. It may have the same contents as the edition listed by Mr. Grigsby (yes you will want to have this for you McCammon collection):
    Thanks, Martin! I really appreciate it. Added to my want list.

Got my shipping notice today for the trade edition. It’s kind of weird, you would think after the long wait ( when I ordered this book I had 3 kids in grammar school now my youngest has just finished up her first year of college) you’d think I would be excited about finally getting it. While I am and can’t wait for fall to get the limited edition I also feel a little down. It’s like the wait has been so long and it never seemed like the book was going to come out , that now that the end is in site it’s kind of sad. .... I know but I’m weird like that

Junior Member Visitor
    Yes, same for me...it's been well over a decade, maybe as many as 14 years since I first ordered this tome. And, like you, getting an email letting me know it finally shipped, after so long, is anti-climatic. Yes, I am finally glad to have it, but where it used to mean something special to me, and something I looked forward to, my brain and interests are in an entirely different place now so also like you I'm sad and profoundly disappointed in that it took so long to get it. It's also mostly the reason I promised myself to never order another book from CD unless it's in stock. If it's not, it's a pass. Sometimes a hard pass, but given its overall track record (and I'm sure I'm not alone on this), there's just no reason to believe I will get the book anytime soon, as in years. Again, sad indeed.

Junior Member Visitor
    Is there a reason my reply to bookworm 1, made more than 48 hours ago, was not approved for publication? After waiting for a book order for more than 14 years, do you not think I am justified in supporting bookworm 1's 'sadness' and for myself, how getting a notice for that same volume is likewise both sad and anti-climactic? Truth to power Brian and Richard. Can't simply hide from it when I am certain what I'm feeling isn't much the same as many who previously ordered this volume is. Censoring what I have to say only deepens my resolve to see something and to say something. Again, just saying.

The trade edition arrived today. This is one MASSIVE book.

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Just a reminder that all new posters are moderated for a while to prevent spam, doxing, and other issues that often occur with new sign-ups. And the moderators are volunteers who have full time jobs, so posts might be on hold for a bit.

Nice to have you here, Kama1. Hope you like the book itself when you receive it, even though youíve moved onto other interests.

Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

For once I am actually glad that I was late to the Cemetery Dance party and didn't order the Signed Limited Edition until March 25, 2019. The wait will be relatively short for me.

Hopefully everyone who ordered The Best of Cemetery Dance 2 several years ago will find the book impressive enough to make the wait less painful.
    Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 05-23-2020 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kama1 View Post
    Yes, same for me...it's been well over a decade, maybe as many as 14 years since I first ordered this tome. And, like you, getting an email letting me know it finally shipped, after so long, is anti-climatic. Yes, I am finally glad to have it, but where it used to mean something special to me, and something I looked forward to, my brain and interests are in an entirely different place now so also like you I'm sad and profoundly disappointed in that it took so long to get it. It's also mostly the reason I promised myself to never order another book from CD unless it's in stock. If it's not, it's a pass. Sometimes a hard pass, but given its overall track record (and I'm sure I'm not alone on this), there's just no reason to believe I will get the book anytime soon, as in years. Again, sad indeed.
    I think you misunderstood me. It's almost like I didn't want the book to ship because the waiting has been such a big part of this. Now there is no more waiting.( That's what makes me weird. I kind of enjoyed the build up and the wait.) I am very pleased with this book. It's gorgeous. I have been and will continue to be supporter of CD even for preorders. I understand that not all of the delays were the fault of CD. I also know that 14 years q there was an uncertainty inn the air at CD because of personal issues that Rich was going through and talked about a couple of years later. I am very pleased with the book and it was definitely worth the wait.
    Great job with the book CD.

Nothing to see here! Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    I purchased the Limited when it was first announced and assumed that I had added the Trade at some point. With people beginning to get their copies and no shipping notice for me I checked. I did not order the Trade. Just remedied that one.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly bsaenz24's Avatar
    I purchased the Limited when it was first announced and assumed that I had added the Trade at some point. With people beginning to get their copies and no shipping notice for me I checked. I did not order the Trade. Just remedied that one.
    One of those weird feeling...I MUST have ordered one...I’m SURE I did...wtf...

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    One time I ordered a CD early reader grab bag and when they shipped J never received mine. I was sure that I ordered one but couldn't find d the order number anywhere. What happened was I used PayPal and when I was directed back to the CD site to confirm the order I just left the page thinking I was done. Never confirmed the order so it didn't go through. It was a valuable lessen learned and I take my time at checkout and make sure I have confirmed the order.

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    One time I ordered a CD early reader grab bag and when they shipped J never received mine. I was sure that I ordered one but couldn't find d the order number anywhere. What happened was I used PayPal and when I was directed back to the CD site to confirm the order I just left the page thinking I was done. Never confirmed the order so it didn't go through. It was a valuable lessen learned and I take my time at checkout and make sure I have confirmed the order.
    I almost always copy the purchase confirmation screen into Word and copy the details of the order into the same document and save it. I then list the relevant information into Excel. I say almost because early this year I made a few purchases via my phone and I do not have the Word documents for those. The spreadsheet allowed me to quickly surmise I had not ordered the Trade.

Better than rejuvenation! Inmate
    I never got a shipping notice, but my trade HC arrived today, so that was a nice surprise. MASSIVE book.

Wanderer of the Todash Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    I hadn’t yet purchased the Trade Hardcover because I kept thinking I would wait to see if a signed limited copy would be available due to cancellations or otherwise when it ships. But I finally convinced myself what a foolish way of thinking if I don’t end up getting a SLE and then the THCs are gone by then too. So I just ordered the trade hardcover and I’m sure I’ll be quite pleased.