Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [INDEXED]The Best of Cemetery Dance: Volume 2

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar

[INDEXED]The Best of Cemetery Dance: Volume 2

Featuring Stephen King, Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, Peter Straub, Bentley Little, Michael Marshall Smith, Ray Garton, Jack Ketchum, Douglas Clegg, Poppy Z. Brite, Joe R. Lansdale, Nancy A. Collins, Peter Crowther, Norman Partridge, Ed Gorman, William F. Nolan, F. Paul Wilson, Kristine Kathryn Rusch, Simon Clark, Richard Christian Matheson, David J. Schow, Stewart O'Nan, Glen Hirshberg, Ramsey Campbell, and dozens of others!

The Best of Cemetery Dance: Volume Two
    edited by Richard Chizmar

About the Book:
    The Best of Cemetery Dance: Volume Two showcases the very finest short stories from issues 26 to 50 of Cemetery Dance magazine, picking up where the acclaimed and award-winning first "Best of" volume left off!

Featuring a virtual "who's who" of today's greatest authors of dark fiction, The Best of Cemetery Dance: Volume Two will be one of the most important anthologies of the year. Just a handful of the contributors include Stephen King, Ray Bradbury, Richard Matheson, Peter Straub, Bentley Little, Michael Marshall Smith, Ray Garton, Jack Ketchum, Douglas Clegg, Poppy Z. Brite, Joe R. Lansdale, Nancy A. Collins, Peter Crowther, Norman Partridge, Ed Gorman, William F. Nolan, F. Paul Wilson, Kristine Kathryn Rusch, Simon Clark, Richard Christian Matheson, David J. Schow, Stewart O'Nan, Glen Hirshberg, Ramsey Campbell, and dozens of others!

Cemetery Dance
    magazine has been published for more than thirty years now, and is the winner of the World Fantasy Award and the International Horror Critics Guild Award, as well as a nominee for both the British Fantasy Award and the American Horror Award. Don't miss what's sure to be one of the most talked about anthologies of the year!

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    I am looking forward to finally seeing the table of contents to this one soon.

Junior Member Visitor maxwallnut's Avatar
    this should come with a bib, im drooling allready!

Junior Member Visitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I am looking forward to finally seeing the table of contents to this one soon.
    Me too. It should be pretty interesting to see which stories are going to be in there. I also wonder how much the table of contents has changed from the original intention to what it will actually end up being.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    Maybe I should go for this one. This definitely looks like a must-have.
    Better wait a couple of hours first....for the BIG announcement.
    I bet that's going to be another one, must-have, I mean.

sk

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed HorrorScribe's Avatar
    For years, I waited for CD to reveal this book's TOC before committing to purchasing it. As time went on, my curiosity grew, and I've since read several CD anthologies. All are exceptional and don't include anything less than a stellar story. Granted, not all of the stories were to my liking, but even those were written with such exquisite prose, I found myself compelled to read the beauty of the words on the page. So, I ordered this late last year fully expecting to be floored by the TOC and the pieces themselves once I have a chance to read them.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    Ordered this a little while ago, am obscenely excited.

Senior Member Inmate RichardThomas's Avatar
    Man, is this finally happening? I bought this so long ago (and I bought the s/l of course) that it should be called the Twentieth. :-) Can't wait, should be awesome.

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardThomas View Post
    Man, is this finally happening? I bought this so long ago (and I bought the s/l of course) that it should be called the Twentieth. :-) Can't wait, should be awesome.
    Ha, yeah the title is going to change... More news to come by the end of the year if Rich ever finalizes his TOC! The authors he's waiting on are, um, really well liked. That's all I can say.

Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

i figured as much, Brian, and whoever it is, it is definitely worth waiting to get them into the collection - i mean CD has such a storied past, with names like King, Straub, Ketchum, Bradbury, Clegg, Koontz, Lansdale, Matheson, Preston, FPWilson...it'd be awesome to get some of those guys into this book

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Huh, I need to check and see whether I already ordered this or still need to...it's hard to keep track!

I was cleaning out the back room two weeks ago and found my printout receipt for the limited. I searched for the book for over an hour when I had to admit I didn't remember receiving this title. I thought it might have been lost in the mail. The date on the receipt is 02/07/2004. I had forgotten I'd ordered it. Glad to see this is finally happening. Do I need to make an inquiry as to the statis of my order?

Administrator Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... Brian James Freeman's Avatar
    Nope, if you placed the order with us, you're good to go, although you can always email Mindy if you want to double-checkf for your own peace of mind! order@cemeterydance.com

Brian
    Brian James Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
    Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
    LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

ha....i've moved three times since i ordered this, so i've had several conversations with mindy, she's a saint - whatever you call it, i can't wait for it to arrive, so very cool

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardThomas View Post
    i figured as much, Brian, and whoever it is, it is definitely worth waiting to get them into the collection - i mean CD has such a storied past, with names like King, Straub, Ketchum, Bradbury, Clegg, Koontz, Lansdale, Matheson, Preston, FPWilson...it'd be awesome to get some of those guys into this book
    Would be amazing to have all those authors in the collection! Definitely have to order this when I am able to

Got myself some money and am now debating whether to order this now or wait until I know who will be in it. Thinking I will just end up ordering it soon. Of course then I have to debate whether to order the trade, signed, or both lol

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK1981 View Post
    Of course then I have to debate whether to order the trade, signed, or both lol
    No debate is necessary: order both!

sk

Quote Originally Posted by frik51 View Post
    No debate is necessary: order both!

sk
    lol, that is what I was thinking. I suppose I should probably order it before I get married, lol, though I'm sure I could justify it if I explained how valuable it will be.

Senior Member Inmate
    I just ordered the limited earlier, along with a few others I've been putting off.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed thelion's Avatar
    I rarely order the limited editions myself due to budget, but you need to at least order the trade and definitely the limited if you can afford it. No debate on whether to order the book at all though. This one will probably be another must own...