No announcement yet.

[INDEXED]The Best of Cemetery Dance: Volume 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a reminder that all new posters are moderated for a while to prevent spam, doxing, and other issues that often occur with new sign-ups. And the moderators are volunteers who have full time jobs, so posts might be on hold for a bit.

Nice to have you here, Kama1. Hope you like the book itself when you receive it, even though you’ve moved onto other interests.

Brian
    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

For once I am actually glad that I was late to the Cemetery Dance party and didn't order the Signed Limited Edition until March 25, 2019. The wait will be relatively short for me.

Hopefully everyone who ordered The Best of Cemetery Dance 2 several years ago will find the book impressive enough to make the wait less painful.
      Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 05-23-2020, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kama1 View Post
        Yes, same for me...it's been well over a decade, maybe as many as 14 years since I first ordered this tome. And, like you, getting an email letting me know it finally shipped, after so long, is anti-climatic. Yes, I am finally glad to have it, but where it used to mean something special to me, and something I looked forward to, my brain and interests are in an entirely different place now so also like you I'm sad and profoundly disappointed in that it took so long to get it. It's also mostly the reason I promised myself to never order another book from CD unless it's in stock. If it's not, it's a pass. Sometimes a hard pass, but given its overall track record (and I'm sure I'm not alone on this), there's just no reason to believe I will get the book anytime soon, as in years. Again, sad indeed.
        I think you misunderstood me. It's almost like I didn't want the book to ship because the waiting has been such a big part of this. Now there is no more waiting.( That's what makes me weird. I kind of enjoyed the build up and the wait.) I am very pleased with this book. It's gorgeous. I have been and will continue to be supporter of CD even for preorders. I understand that not all of the delays were the fault of CD. I also know that 14 years q there was an uncertainty inn the air at CD because of personal issues that Rich was going through and talked about a couple of years later. I am very pleased with the book and it was definitely worth the wait.
        Great job with the book CD.

Comment

I purchased the Limited when it was first announced and assumed that I had added the Trade at some point. With people beginning to get their copies and no shipping notice for me I checked. I did not order the Trade. Just remedied that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
            I purchased the Limited when it was first announced and assumed that I had added the Trade at some point. With people beginning to get their copies and no shipping notice for me I checked. I did not order the Trade. Just remedied that one.
            One of those weird feeling...I MUST have ordered one...I’m SURE I did...wtf...

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
              Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
                One time I ordered a CD early reader grab bag and when they shipped J never received mine. I was sure that I ordered one but couldn't find d the order number anywhere. What happened was I used PayPal and when I was directed back to the CD site to confirm the order I just left the page thinking I was done. Never confirmed the order so it didn't go through. It was a valuable lessen learned and I take my time at checkout and make sure I have confirmed the order.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                  One time I ordered a CD early reader grab bag and when they shipped J never received mine. I was sure that I ordered one but couldn't find d the order number anywhere. What happened was I used PayPal and when I was directed back to the CD site to confirm the order I just left the page thinking I was done. Never confirmed the order so it didn't go through. It was a valuable lessen learned and I take my time at checkout and make sure I have confirmed the order.
                  I almost always copy the purchase confirmation screen into Word and copy the details of the order into the same document and save it. I then list the relevant information into Excel. I say almost because early this year I made a few purchases via my phone and I do not have the Word documents for those. The spreadsheet allowed me to quickly surmise I had not ordered the Trade.

Comment

I never got a shipping notice, but my trade HC arrived today, so that was a nice surprise. MASSIVE book.
                    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I hadn’t yet purchased the Trade Hardcover because I kept thinking I would wait to see if a signed limited copy would be available due to cancellations or otherwise when it ships. But I finally convinced myself what a foolish way of thinking if I don’t end up getting a SLE and then the THCs are gone by then too. So I just ordered the trade hardcover and I’m sure I’ll be quite pleased.

Comment

I almost always copy the purchase confirmation screen into Word and copy the details of the order into the same document and save it. I then list the relevant information into Excel. I say almost because early this year I made a few purchases via my phone and I do not have the Word documents for those. The spreadsheet allowed me to quickly surmise I had not ordered the Trade.
                        I really need to come up with a better system for tracking my orders. Right now I place a lot of orders during my breaks at work when I get the notice emails and when I get home I end up jotting them down on a piece of paper. And when I receive a book I cross it out and you can imagine the artwork that it has evolved into. I need to get myself in front of my computer and take the time to create a spreadsheet worthy of this technological age.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStegs View Post
                          I really need to come up with a better system for tracking my orders. Right now I place a lot of orders during my breaks at work when I get the notice emails and when I get home I end up jotting them down on a piece of paper. And when I receive a book I cross it out and you can imagine the artwork that it has evolved into. I need to get myself in front of my computer and take the time to create a spreadsheet worthy of this technological age.
                          Excel works great. I include the retail of the book and have a sum at the bottom. I have a column to identify received and can easily view outstanding orders. It is easy to filter or search.

Comment

I agree with Martin, a spreadsheet is the way to go. I use Google Spreadsheet so I can access it anywhere I have internet connection. I also like to add methods of payment for each book ordered, that way (if an issue rises) I know method of payment to fall back on.

Once book arrives, I move the title, author, what I paid, etc. to another spreadsheet to keep my collection information in digital form. Helps with insurance information also.

Mulleins
                            I'm the Caretaker of Room 217. I've always been the Caretaker of Room 217.

Comment

Originally posted by mulleins View Post
                              I agree with Martin, a spreadsheet is the way to go. I use Google Spreadsheet so I can access it anywhere I have internet connection. I also like to add methods of payment for each book ordered, that way (if an issue rises) I know method of payment to fall back on.

Once book arrives, I move the title, author, what I paid, etc. to another spreadsheet to keep my collection information in digital form. Helps with insurance information also.

Mulleins
                              I like the method of payment idea, I will have to add that. The only time I had an issue and needed that was the demise of The Nocturnal Reader's box. Fortunately the word documents contained that but I like the idea of having it on the spreadsheet.

Comment

No arrival or shipping notice. I checked I ordered the trade on May 15 2013. So I've waited 7 years. Limited edition was ordered October 14 2013. I think I ordered it just before it was taken off the site.

Comment

Working...
                                X