FDNS remarqued by 5 artists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FDNS remarqued by 5 artists

I have a signed/limited Cemetery Dance Full Dark No Stars with remarques by EACH of the 5 artists involved with the book. Glenn Chadbourned did a full page color remarque that looks like all the other ones you've seen already. Jill Bauman and Alan Clark did half pagers, Vinnie Chong did full page/color, and cover artist Tomilslav Tikulin did a full page, his first remarque EVER as noted next to his signature. I'm considering throwing this bad boy on ebay, any suggestions as to where I should set the starting bid?

I think a gift edition, remarqued by all the artists but Tomilslav, went for about $1000. Although that could be a little inflated as the proceeds went to the Haven Foundation.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Thanks for the info Dan. The only reference point I can find currently is a S/L remarqued by Chadbourne. Seller is asking $875 but that seems excessive for just one remarque. I just don't know how to establish the value for a book with 5 remarques in it as I haven't seen any others. Plus, can I attach extra value for having an artist's first ever remarque? Help me out here forum members...

Comment

I would probably start the auction at whatever the limited is worth on it's own. I can't remember how much retail was off the top of my head.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
          I think a gift edition, remarqued by all the artists but Tomilslav, went for about $1000. Although that could be a little inflated as the proceeds went to the Haven Foundation.
          You are correct, went for over $1,000 actually, but don't remember the exact amount as I deleted it from my watched items. I know if I had the money I'd have probably gone for it, but oh well. Would for the one mentioned here as well if I had that kinda money
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
            I would probably start the auction at whatever the limited is worth on it's own. I can't remember how much retail was off the top of my head.
            That's how I would do it.
            The limited originally sold for $350.00.
            If you make that your opening bid, interested buyers (me!!!) will flock to it.
            Better yet -and I'm dead serious, make $1.00 your opning bid.
            I sold a few King limiteds years ago and always started that low; they always sold making a healthy profit.

good luck!

sk

Comment

I ALWAYS recommend starting your bid as low as you can to get bidders interested and involved in the bidding process. You can always set a reserve if you're at all concerned that you might not get "enough" to justify parting with the item. But the "value" of having any interested bidders watching and even tossing in a bid or two, "just in case," can't be overstated in my opinion. (And don't forget to post photos of the remarques -- I'm sure everyone would love to see them!) Good luck!

Brian
              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I agree with Brian. When I was looking for a copy of the Centipede Press edition of 'Salem's Lot, I would bid on every nice copy I saw on ebay. I just went in and entered the maximum I was willing to pay and let it sit. One copy was sitting at around $125 until the last hour of the auction, and it sold for over $900. If the initial price is too high, I don't think of it as an auction as much as a 'buy it now' item.

Comment

The one sold for the Haven foundation didn't have a remarque by Vinnie Chong either

Also, spernst is there any chance of pics on here?

Comment

I'd love to see some pics as well.
                    Plus: when can we find it on eBay?

sk

Comment

@frik51-Its up on ebay now-i'm at work at the moment, but I'll be sure to post the pics here for posterity when I get home.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT
                      Last edited by spernst; 06-28-2011, 03:53 AM.

Comment

I've had a look and this looks like an awesome book to own.
                        Please do post the Chong remarque whenever you can.

Hope it sells, Steve!

sk

Comment

That sounds like an absolutely great book to get a hold of. I actually have enough money now to order it, but a lot of that money is going to paying for stuff for my upcoming wedding, as well as a vacation later in July. Whoever gets it is a very lucky person, would take it myself if I could afford to spend the money
                          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Looks a great book and there is some really nice art in there, hope it sells for you!

Comment

Thank you! I'd like to post the pics here, but someone is going to have to tell me how first. When i hit insert image it tells me to type in a url...how do i upload off my harddrive?

Comment

Working...
                              X