Question on The Colorado Kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on The Colorado Kid

Which of the the limiteds of TCK came out first: the Chadbourne illustrated, the Miller illustrated or the Potter illustrated? I can get any one of the signed editions for one price or all three trade HCs for the same price.

I have the collector's edition of Under the Dome, but no other limited editions of King's books. That is until IT comes out.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

If you mean the PS Publishing versions, the 3 artist editions were released at the same time. I'm not sure why they did it that way, but it was an intersting way to do the limited. I ended up getting one signed and the other 2 in trade HC when they were released.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Thanks, I went with the 3 trade HCs.
      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Good choice!
        These are really nice books.
        I was lucky to get one of the lettered (don't know why it's called that, it's not lettered at all) editions of the Potter version, 1/33.
        Beautiful book.

sk

Comment

I hope to be able to get these ones as well someday, lol. Just 1 (well, 3 really, lol) thing on my wish list
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

Í'm still on the look-out for the other two as well.
            But they're always very expensive.
            I remember buying all three lettereds when they became available -even paid for them, but then it turned out only one lettered per customer was allowed.
            Of course I got my money back, but I would have preferred the books!

sk

Comment

You think they're nice books? I have to assume you mean the lettered only as they were by far, the ugliest and cheapest looking limited editions I've ever seen by any author. I sold mine because it looked like a trade paperback in a slipcase. Pathetic, and that was the last thing I bought from PS.

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                You think they're nice books? I have to assume you mean the lettered
                Yes, I meant the lettered editions.
                Expensive, but done very well.

sk

Comment

I just finished The Colorado Kid and I have to say the King continues to amaze me. I'll have to reread "The Breathing Method", but TCK is one of my favorite of his shorter works. I don't see how it fit in with the Hard Crime series it was part of, but it is nonetheless a masterful work. I might have to check out the series Haven, too...
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I loved the little book too, though i know that quite a few people aren't too bothered by it. With the limited editions i thought PS did a great job. Which artists cover is everyones favourite?

Comment

sk

Comment

The Potter version would be my choice too.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Hmmmmm well Potter's is my least favourite, not much of a suprise but Glenn's is my top cover. Just seems to me to be what the Maine coast should be like?

Comment

Glenn's I like very much and would be my second choice.

sk

Comment

lol I had the Miller version, so I guess I got the worst one.

Comment

Working...
                              X