CD and Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD and Amazon

Being VERY new to this whole limited/special/lettered edition business, please bear with me for a moment as I really don't know how this works.
    Not trying to step on any toes here either
    I just happened to be glancing around on Amazon and saw The Mailman edition was available for pre-order. Ok, so I decided to check to see if the IT anniversary edition was there and lo and behold it was! I guess my question is, because I thought this kind of thing was available only on the publisher's website, if I pre order these are they the same editions as on here? Does Amazon let CD know when a limited item is pre ordered so the buyer is assured their copy? I hate to say it, but they're cheaper on there, which is why I wonder if it's too good to be true?
    Thanks!

I think amazon takes orders until a book comes out... Then they try to get them from CD... 19 times out of 20 the book is sold out by that time and the people who ordered on Amazon are told "sorry," and their order is cancelled.

Comment

We do not fill any amazon orders. In fact amazon doesn't even order from us anymore, they order from a different distributor and on something like the IT and The Mailman, they will probably be sold out pre pub so amazon and the distributors will not get copies. Amazon will then just cancel your preorder. The only King books of ours amazon has gotten has been SOD V2 and Riding the Bullet, and if you got those through amazon they did not have a slipcase, as it wasn't our intention to even send these to amazon, but the library distributor we use decided to send to them.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

The only limited I've ever actually gotten from Amazon was a copy of George R. R. Martin's Fever Dream, which they had one copy of. I found it by accident when I was looking for a used copy and picked it up for $75. They still have it listed on the site - http://www.amazon.com/Fevre-Dream-Si...8312336&sr=1-1

Comment

Used copies are a different story. Those are listed by "regular" people and by stores, and they are required to have the item in their hands before they can post thee used copies on there. Amazon charges a percentage of the sale. Just make sure you read the lister's description and look at their feedback (Amazon still guarantees what is sold if you are unsatisfied, and almost all disputes go the way od the buyer)

Comment

BTW: Most of the used limiteds that I've purchased on Amazon have turned out to be well read ex-library copies.

Comment

I have purchased a couple OOP CD titles on Amazon and have gotten them in like new condition, but they can take longer to arrive and ship. Overall, I still prefer Ebay for my purchases of used titles
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

I've had a couple decent purchases from Amazon for limiteds and a few for TPB's, but the shipping can take forever sometimes and they're often only packed in their flimsy cardboard boxes with no padding. Half.com, Ebay's side company is known for the same thing and they usually charge a hig shipping charge for those low priced "deals". I usually have better luck myself from private stores and ebay as well.

- James
                http://darkdiscoveries.com

Comment

I prefer Half.com over most other used book dealers. With Ebay, unless the item is offered as "Buy It Now," I rarely win an auction for a limited edition, especially those published by CD. If I can't find what I'm looking for on Half.com, I defer to Abebooks. As a last resort, I'll use the Amazon Marketplace, but I only purchase from Marketplace sellers with a 100% positive rating as long as they provide a detailed description of the book.
                  "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                    We do not fill any amazon orders. In fact amazon doesn't even order from us anymore, they order from a different distributor and on something like the IT and The Mailman, they will probably be sold out pre pub so amazon and the distributors will not get copies. Amazon will then just cancel your preorder. The only King books of ours amazon has gotten has been SOD V2 and Riding the Bullet, and if you got those through amazon they did not have a slipcase, as it wasn't our intention to even send these to amazon, but the library distributor we use decided to send to them.
                    Good to know.

Comment

Working...
                    X