Favorite Closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Closing

As a companion piece to my "Favorite Opening" thread, I thought I'd start one for people to post their favorite last line(s). Naturally, we'll need to use the spoiler feature here!

Mine comes from Stephen King's The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower:

Spoiler!

Blu
    Visit my horror/crime fiction blog October Country.
    Stalk me on Twitter: @BluGilliand.

My favorite closing also comes from "The Warhound and the World's Pain" by Michael Moorcock:

"Do you the Devil's work.

And I suspect you shall see Heaven sooner than ever shall your Master."
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

My favorite ending line is from A Tale of Two Cities: "It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."

But my favorite over-all end is the final scene in 100 Years of Solitude.
      www.nikhouser.com

Comment

Nik, I was thinking about the last sentence of "Autumn of the Patriarch", but it's 40 pages long; too long to post here. 100 Years is the best book I've ever read. I used the opening line for the other thread.
        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

You know, I was thinking of that as a brilliant opener as well! I haven't yet tackled Autumn of the Patriarch, but I'm aware of those last 40 pages. In a word, daunting.
          www.nikhouser.com

Comment

River Runs Through It for me.
            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Not sure if I can swear it's my favorite, but the last paragraph of Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin always sticks in my head because it was a great surprise ending.

Comment

Pet Sematary, its a Spoiler so you have to click it if you want to find out!

Spoiler!

Comment

Pet Sematary is at the top of my list. A classic ending!!!

Comment

One of many!
                    " we each owe a death, there are no exceptions,but sometimes, oh god, the green mile seems so long..." gives me a little lump in the throat
                    Agree with Pet Semetery! Certainly one of his more chilling last lines!

Comment

Originally posted by misery chastain loves co. View Post

Agree with Pet Semetery! Certainly one of his more chilling last lines!
                      +1

sk

Comment

Working...
                      X