Extended LOTR in theaters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK -time to 'fess up:
    When Peter Jackson was shooting his trilogy, a Lord of the Rings fanclub was formed.
    You could join for one, two or three years.
    Each member received a magazine every other month, detailing the shooting process, or showcasing some other LotR aspect.
    These magazines were very well done and occasionally they show up on eBay, selling for quite a nice sum indeed.
    Members of this fanclub also received the option to be listed at the very end of the LotR extended edition DVD/BD version.
    For a price - literally.
    This I couldn't pass up; it would be an incredible honour to be listed there, amidst the likes of Christopher Lee (my hero!) and others.

So, there it is, just a fan-club mention, which you won't find listed on IMBM.
    It's a huge list - hundreds of names.
    I still get goosebumps whenever I see my name there - silly me.

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    that's why he's flying everybody in the forum to WETA studios for the premiere of the Hobbit next year!
    and PJ is paying!!

sk
    Last edited by frik51; 06-25-2011, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Sorry about the fun we had at your expense, pete, but as King said about his knowing the 13 full moons of the year could not possibily fall on all major holidays in a single year (Cycle of the Werewolf): "I knew better, but the temptation was to great to resist."
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

No worries.

Cool deal with the fan club! Great way of repaying the fans - put them in the credits!

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
          OK -time to 'fess up:
          When Peter Jackson was shooting his trilogy, a Lord of the Rings fanclub was formed.
          You could join for one, two or three years.
          Each member received a magazine every other month, detailing the shooting process, or showcasing some other LotR aspect.
          These magazines were very well done and occasionally they show up on eBay, selling for quite a nice sum indeed.
          Members of this fanclub also received the option to be listed at the very end of the LotR extended edition DVD/BD version.
          For a price - literally.
          This I couldn't pass up; it would be an incredible honour to be listed there, amidst the likes of Christopher Lee (my hero!) and others.

So, there it is, just a fan-club mention, which you won't find listed on IMBM.
          It's a huge list - hundreds of names.
          I still get goosebumps whenever I see my name there - silly me.

and PJ is paying!!

sk
          Cool! I didn't know they did that.

Comment

No offense to anyone checking this out, but.....This kind of reminds me of when the extended Star Wars 4 came out. The wife and I were so excited and went the first night. After the 1st half hour being ruined by some idiot talking on his cellphone, we both fell asleep and woke up at the end. I guess the changes weren't all too exciting for us, so lessoned learned.
            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
              No offense to anyone checking this out, but.....This kind of reminds me of when the extended Star Wars 4 came out. The wife and I were so excited and went the first night. After the 1st half hour being ruined by some idiot talking on his cellphone, we both fell asleep and woke up at the end. I guess the changes weren't all too exciting for us, so lessoned learned.
              Point well-taken. The reworked SW films were awful, but there wasn't much time added to the films. But, I still have my original theatrical SW films on VHS and Laser Disc. And 3D Star Wars sounds...dreadful...I won't see them. But the LOTR extended editions are mainly for fans--4 hours in a theater is a long time.
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

They are 4 hrs each? Or all 3 together? Either way thats insane. Although I do remember catching the entire Godfather trilogy played in order by time one day at home. It was on forever as there were commercials, but it was amazing to see it in that order. So maybe you just get caught up in something like that and time no longer matters. I don't know.

Comment

About 4 hours each for the extended LOTR movies
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

And worth seeing, every minute!

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                      And worth seeing, every minute!

sk
                      Have to completely agree with that.
                      Spoiler!

Comment

These extended editions are great. With young children, I don't have a chance to get out to the theaters much, but the LOTR movies have been incredible.

Comment

So I am guessing these new editions will eventually be released on DVD? Also, hw much total time more are they? Isn't it like 1-1.5 hours longer fo each?

Comment

Originally posted by thelion View Post
                            These extended editions are great. With young children, I don't have a chance to get out to the theaters much, but the LOTR movies have been incredible.
                            Ya, I'm kind of in the same boat. My kids love those movies, but I'd have to use duct tape and a stapler to make sure they stayed in a seat that long.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                              So I am guessing these new editions will eventually be released on DVD? Also, hw much total time more are they? Isn't it like 1-1.5 hours longer fo each?
                              tsk..tsk..you're way behind, oz.
                              These have been out on DVD for years. The BD's are about to be released this week -or next?
                              Off the top of my head, The Fellowship of the Rings gets about twenty extra, The Two Towers three quarters of an hour and The return of the King about an hour.
                              Something like that.

sk

Comment

The BD of the extended versions must have come out today as I saw it at the Target by my work
                                Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X