No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished the first half of in the tall grass and the first half didn't take it very far so I'm glad I waited t the second half was out so I don't have to wait...just til I get the energy anyway. I will say that children of the corn popped into my head but so far I don't find anything repeating his older work. The tall grass was bound to bring up cotc regardless because of the grass/corn similarity no matter how different the stories are...but I guess I won't know til I get through the whole thing to really judge.

Comment

Over half way through The Fall and love where this is going.Great series so far.I might have to up grade these to the limited editions even if it means not getting something else.This is a great story.

Comment

Sorry Joe315, I've given up on "The Deep Zone." I guess I just wasn't in the mood for that type of story at the present time.

So now, I'm still working my way through "Nightmares & Dreamscapes", and also "The Gilded Chain" by Dave Duncan and "Existence" by David Brin (I'm not into sci-fi that much, but this one sounded really good so I thought I'd give it a try).

Comment

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
          Sorry Joe315, I've given up on "The Deep Zone." I guess I just wasn't in the mood for that type of story at the present time.

So now, I'm still working my way through "Nightmares & Dreamscapes", and also "The Gilded Chain" by Dave Duncan and "Existence" by David Brin (I'm not into sci-fi that much, but this one sounded really good so I thought I'd give it a try).
          That's ok. I would only have picked it up if it was worth it. It sounds like it didn't grab you so I'll probably pass.

Comment

Over the last few days I finished Snow Shadows (Wasn't impressed by this one at all unfortunately) and read Kealan Patrick Burke's Midlisters and Jeff Strand's Disposal, both of which I enjoyed. Neither were my favorites of theirs, but they were good. Think I might start Brian Keene's Conqueror Worms next
            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
            Spoiler!

Comment

Around 200 pages or so in to 11/22/63 now. LOVE IT!

Spoiler!

Comment

Absolutely agree, Pete. I've just passed the page 600 mark and adore this book. I have absolutely no idea where King is going with it, but the joy is in finding out.

sk
                Last edited by frik51; 08-14-2012, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Got past 300 pages today, going to go read some more in a bit as I am totally hooked on this one! King at his best!

Comment

Again, I agree.
                    I skipped Squire's review sometime back but know he's not too impressed with this book. I'll read it once it's finished - just passed page 700.

sk

Comment

I loved the book, one of my favorites of his, though not my favorite. I still lean more toward Lisey's Story as my favorite
                      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                      Spoiler!

Comment

Lisey's Story does top 11/22/63. The former finds itself easily within my King top 5; the latter will most likely end up within the top 10 of my King favorites.

sk

Comment

Now reading The Night Eternal.So far this series has just gotten better with each book.

Comment

I just finished reading Ford Maddox Ford's A Good Soldier, which I thought was quite difficult, by the way. Now, I've just moved on to J. M. Coetzee's Foe, which I'm really liking at the moment.

Comment

Welcome to the forum billymarsh!

Never read anything by either of those authors (my "to be read" pile is killing me), but I'm glad you enjoyed your reads!

Comment

Pete you should be killing that tbr pile while you are waiting for the new job to start.Perfect opportunity to catch up on some reading.

Comment

Working...
                                X