No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished PorkPie Hat also. A quiet little story, but I liked it. Now reading on The Century's Best Horror Fiction plus a herd of others.
    "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

Have been using the kindle app on my phone, I love it. But I'm limiting myself to only free stuff for now...

Sloppy Seconds by Tucker Max
      Seven Stories by Freeman
      a boatload of Philip K. Dick

Comment

I read the first five stories of Seven Stories on my phone today. Great so far, very haunting stories.
        Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
        Have been using the kindle app on my phone, I love it. But I'm limiting myself to only free stuff for now...

Sloppy Seconds by Tucker Max
        Seven Stories by Freeman
        a boatload of Philip K. Dick

Comment

Wasn't a "Boatload of Dick" a Village People song, or am I just remembering the '70's differently than they actually were ???

Oh dear, couldn't just cross the line, had to longjump the sucker ... my bad

Comment

Remember The Man in Black, Mr. Woot, and try to walk the line.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Finished The Long Walk now must decide what to read next.I am on vacation so I need to get things done.So whatever I pick I hope it will not keep me from what needs to get done.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                Dang, Siep. Every time you post here, you make me need to visit Amazon.com.
                Forget about the above Lovecraft omnibus, though. A very mixed bag indeed and ultimately falling short of a good HPL homage.

This is so much better; a sequel of sorts to Moore's Blood Red. I've only read a couple of pages, and I'm hooked already.
                Definitely worth checking out:

Comment

I need to get me some more James A. Moore stories.
                  Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                  Forget about the above Lovecraft omnibus, though. A very mixed bag indeed and ultimately falling short of a good HPL homage.

This is so much better; a sequel of sorts to Moore's Blood Red. I've only read a couple of pages, and I'm hooked already.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                    Finished The Long Walk now must decide what to read next.I am on vacation so I need to get things done.So whatever I pick I hope it will not keep me from what needs to get done.
                    I recommend Insomnia if you dont want to get distracted. Most boring book EVER...after To Kill a Mockingbird.

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

Have this it is on my tbr list moore is awsome.Did you get the signiture series book?

Comment

Way too late for Johnny Cash to be of any help to me now

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                          Have this it is on my tbr list moore is awsome.Did you get the signiture series book?
                          Yes, I did.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                            No, it's not. Johnny will always be with us in spirit. Maybe for some of us more than others.
                            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post

But you'll take the advice of the Village People... what does Connie think of all this? And here I thought Squire was the one in the navy...

Comment

Connie understands ... fully ... that I'm a product of the 60's, 70's and 80's ... forget E=MC2 - most everything can be explained by (or blame laid at the feet of) ... big hair bands, Kevin Bacon, Monty Python and air guitar riffs Oh, mixed generously with buckets of good booze and some wacky tabacky (if that's one's pleasure)

Comment

Working...
                                X