No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halfway thruThe Open Work by Umberto Eco, but am taking a break; I can only take so much literary, art, mass communication, and cultural critical theory anyway. The current state of the NBA is depressing to say the least, so I thought I'd try something different. Started When the Game was Ours by Larry Bird, Earvin "Magic" Johnsson, and Jackie MacMullan.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I just got bored on my day off (i usually read at work when its slow) and decided to read my Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon pop-up book. There was alot more text than i expected for a pop-up and it did very well at following the gist of the original SK book. Both books are highly under-rated in my opinion. He gets down to the basic more natural ideas of fear. I love its simplicity. My favorite book so far. The original I mean but the pop up was excellent as well.

Comment

Now reading The Lords of Discipline.
        http://www.facebook.com/michaelmcintyre333
        http://twitter.com/#!/mikemcintyre3
        http://luminescentyou.blogspot.com/

Comment

I finished Westlake Soul last night and it now sits in my top 5 all time favourite books!

Comment

Kin by Kealan Patrick Burke - simply stunning and highly recommended!

Steve.
            Tasmaniac Publications - dedicated to quality horror and crime
            http://www.tasmaniacpublications.com

Comment

I recently completed The Sorrows by Jonathan Janz. This is his first novel and a second will be out this year. I really enjoyed the story but there are continuity issues within the story. I liked the story well enough that I will pick up his second book.

Comment

Can not agree more, Kin is a great story!
                Originally posted by Tasmaniac View Post

Steve.

Comment

Teriw, I agree that The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon is a very nice story and I agree that the pop up version does it justice. I have a signed baseball on display with my book. I will post it in my Collection thread when I get to the King stuff.
                  Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                  I just got bored on my day off (i usually read at work when its slow) and decided to read my Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon pop-up book. There was alot more text than i expected for a pop-up and it did very well at following the gist of the original SK book. Both books are highly under-rated in my opinion. He gets down to the basic more natural ideas of fear. I love its simplicity. My favorite book so far. The original I mean but the pop up was excellent as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Tasmaniac View Post

Steve.
                    Kin is a fantastic read!

Comment

Due to work this is my "short story season", so I'm alternating HORROR LIBRARY VOL. 4 antho, Brian Keene's THE RISING: SELECTIVE SCENES and a few chapbooks. Started Tim Curran's THE SLITHERING & OTHERS - fun HPL flavour.

Jan
                      Not enough books . . . . . just too little time.

Comment

sk

Comment

Dang, Siep. Every time you post here, you make me need to visit Amazon.com.
                          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Great cover Siep!

Finished Pork Pie Hat, now on to A Feast for Crows.

Comment

Finished rage and started right in on The Long Walk.I forgot how powerful this story was.Almost finished it.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                                Finished rage and started right in on The Long Walk.I forgot how powerful this story was.Almost finished it.
                                All the Bachman books are freaking awesome, although, funnily enough, Roadwork is my favourite of the "original" four

Comment

Working...
                                X