• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My second book by this author.
    Think I've got a new addiction.

sk

Comment

Reliquary by Preston/Child. Great book!!

Comment

Finished Pure. This is a well-conceived post-apocalypse story. Exciting, horrific, and fast-paced. But the whole thing seemed like it was wriiten for the ADHD crowd; then I checked out the author's website and discovered Baggott is primarily a young adult author--so that makes sense. Also, her main characters are 16-18 years of age. I would have perferred a more substantive telling of such a story, but that's not Baggott's style. Her character's make assumptions in the book that all turn out to be correct, which had me shaking my at several junctures (with only one insignificant continuity flaw toward the end), but all-in-all, an entertaining read. I appreciate Tomislav Tikulin's cover art of CD's upcoming edition a lot now (it might end up being the best thing about it, for me anyway). If it's made into a movie, the CGI department will have a field day.

I have a new CD chapbook to start reading next!
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Finished An All-Night Short Story Marathon chapbook; very good selection of short stories; I read it at the movies tonight; I didn't get the Prentiss story, even though i read it twice, but...4 out of 5 is pretty good. An outstanding collection.

The Open Work by Umberto Eco up next.
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Finished The Last Werewolf - excellent. Now started The Hunter from the Woods. Yes am on a bit of a werewolf kick at the moment.

Comment

I'll start battle royale by Koushun Takami tonight

Comment

Awesome pulp book! You'll enjoy it. The movie was pretty good, seems like The Hunger Games is Battle Royale for the Harry Potter crowd. Could be wrong, tho.

BR.jpg
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Picked this up in Korea.

BR1.jpg
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Back when it was difficult to find an all region portable DVD player (don't know if it still is).

BR2.jpg
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

So, of course I had to make my archival copy!

BR3.jpg

I think that might be the best picture I've ever taken for the forum--too bad I didn't put it in my collection!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by theenormityofitall View Post
                        Yeah, welcome back frik. I was wondering what happened to ya.

But I've read all of King's books except The DT series and The Tommyknockers...I could not get into several like Desperation and Gerald's Game. And it's true I do have a very hard time finishing horror novels but your question just made me realize it's by all horror authors actually, but I've been kinda picking on King (as you know). It's much easier for me to get into horror stories from the past for some reason, just as it is to finish non-horror novels, maybe because they're more realistic. That has to be it...they are more realistic. Hell I even have a hard time trying to get into horror novels I actually like LOL. But with Poe and Lovecraft, it's just different for some reason. I don't really care for any contemporary genre unless it's factual.

I just finished The Fountainhead and decided to read Anthem, also by Ayn Rand and Terry was the one who told me about her books. Fascinating!! I had heard of her but never bothered reading anything by her. After Anthem comes finally either Mailer's Oswald or another Rand book, especially We The Living.....

Maybe not reading the DT books is part of the problem. I actually read them FIRST and because he intertwines so much of his writing I find that makes it all the more interesting. The only thing DT or even Stephen King related that I didnt like(So far..I'm just getting started really) was "Insomnia" I call it my cure for Insomnia. I never did finish it, I will some day because my curiousity will get the best of me but until then its just sitting on my book shelf. Stephen King has basically recreated our world, and "other worlds than these" in his own mind and now in the minds of so many others because all of his connections ill call them are so seamless.

Comment

I have just finished Under the Dome and On Writing. I don't read ALOT and I don't read quick so it may be a while before I am done The Talisman which I just starting. I just started reading not that long ago (a year or two) and currently only have any interest in reading Stephen King until I run out of books, which with me and how often SK publishes, could be a while. In the Meantime I am working on The Talisman while very impatiently awaiting The Wind Through the Keyhole.

Comment

Squire i saw that film agesss ago, didn't know what it was at the time but really enjoyed it!

And i don't try and push people into anything, especially not reading, but i can't highly recommend people picking up nad of Rio Youers' books. At the moment i am reading Westlake Soul and am just over half way through. An incredible read so far, i am already fearing the end of the book and saying goodbye to the characters!

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                              I have just finished Under the Dome and On Writing. I don't read ALOT and I don't read quick so it may be a while before I am done The Talisman which I just starting. I just started reading not that long ago (a year or two) and currently only have any interest in reading Stephen King until I run out of books, which with me and how often SK publishes, could be a while. In the Meantime I am working on The Talisman while very impatiently awaiting The Wind Through the Keyhole.
                              Welcome Teriw, it's good to have a fellow Sydney-ite on board Yep, reading SK will keep you busy for a good while yet - and once you're done there are many, many, many other authors to explore !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grant Wootton View Post
                                Welcome Teriw, it's good to have a fellow Sydney-ite on board Yep, reading SK will keep you busy for a good while yet - and once you're done there are many, many, many other authors to explore !!!!
                                I'm guessing you are from sydney Australia. I on the other hand am from sydney, ns, Canada. Its on an island called cape breton which a lot of Canadians have somehow never heard of even though its bigger than prince Edward island which is an actual province here. Unless u also read travel guides you will not have heard of it either. If u haven't google cape breton, its beautiful here.

Comment

Working...
                                X