• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Writing.

Comment

Frank Herbert is the DUNE guy.

Comment

I just started Torn by Lee Thomas. Only 35 pages in but I am hooked, haven't read a good werewolf story in a long time.

Comment

Didn't James Herbert write "Rats"? If so, I've read that and it wasn't bad.

Comment

I just got Sixkill from the library! That's Robert Parker's final, completed Spenser novel before his death I'll be starting on that one tonight.

Comment

Just started on Four Legs in the Morning by Norman Prentiss tonight. Finished Amazonas earlier today
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

Just finished Animosity, by James Newman. Just started Full Dark, No Stars.
                "Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

The Eyesore Times | Shock Totem | Getcha Rocks Off

Comment

Reading The Smoke, by, Tom Barling, a superb British gangster novel. Also reading Borderlands, a fantastic horror anthology. Some amazing stories in there.
                  http://damaged-mind-shattered-soul.com//

If knowledge is power, then I am powerless

Comment

Already finished Four Legs in the Morning, was a very good book and had to finish it before going to bed tonight, lol. Might start Torn next, haven't decided yet though
                    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                    Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by jester05jk View Post
                      Didn't James Herbert write "Rats"? If so, I've read that and it wasn't bad.
                      Yeah he did and like you i enjoyed the book, there are some sequels to it too that i have to read, 'The Lair', 'Domain' and another that i can't remember.

If anyone hasn't read 'The Fog' they need to, one of my favourite novels ever!!!

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                        So are they any good? Or is a teen girl's version of a vacation in hell one where she forgets to pack her eye liner and has no cute boys to talk to all summer?
                        Vacations from Hell is OK, IMO. They put out quite a few books "from Hell" books. I liked Prom Nights from Hell better, which is what made me want to try Vacations from Hell, when I saw it in Half Price Books for $1. .....I'm jmcraven's wife, btw. :-)

Comment

Reading:

Jeremy Dyson's Never Trust a Rabbit (Dyson is one of the team who write the BBC's The League of Gentlemen)

This is offset by Terry Lynch's Jack Ripper The Whitechapel Murderer. Try and mix fiction and nonfiction as much as posssible.

Comment

Originally posted by miki74 View Post
                            I am reading the Janet Evanovich series right now and am on book 12, "Twelve Sharp".
                            Speaking of Janet Evanovich. We are going to a book signing she is doing tonight in Frisco, TX.

Comment

Just finished Far dark fields by Gary Braunbeck, fifth novel of the Cedar Hill cycle of stories. Can't wait for the upcoming final novel but I'm very much willing to wait, I have a feeling the payoff is going to be oh so delicious. Ive had these books in my collection for some time but have been pacing myself so I don't run out.

Currently reading Shivers IV which has a few real gems in it and I'm about to get sarted on either McCammon's Boy's Life or possibly Hill's Horns. Any suggestion's as to which should go first (keeping in mind they'll both get a turn)?

Comment

Originally posted by patrickmalka View Post
                                Just finished Far dark fields by Gary Braunbeck, fifth novel of the Cedar Hill cycle of stories. Can't wait for the upcoming final novel but I'm very much willing to wait, I have a feeling the payoff is going to be oh so delicious. Ive had these books in my collection for some time but have been pacing myself so I don't run out.

Currently reading Shivers IV which has a few real gems in it and I'm about to get sarted on either McCammon's Boy's Life or possibly Hill's Horns. Any suggestion's as to which should go first (keeping in mind they'll both get a turn)?
                                McCammon's book may be a nice change up for you since your finishing up Shivers IV. Both books are great at least in my opinion.
                                Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Working...
                                X