Page 214 of 216 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216 LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 4313

Thread: What are you currently reading?

  1. #4261
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,878
    Rep Power
    28
    Interesting. I thought no one used that, I was trying to find a way to just delete the "what's new" section. There used to be a "new" section that was different. It just listed the threads that had new posts in them. It disappeared with an update some time ago though and I don't know why.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  2. #4262
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    1,809
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Interesting. I thought no one used that, I was trying to find a way to just delete the "what's new" section. There used to be a "new" section that was different. It just listed the threads that had new posts in them. It disappeared with an update some time ago though and I don't know why.
    The what's new section is the only one I use. Or more accurately, it's always my front door to the forum. I come in through there to see what others are commenting on before joining a conversation.

  3. #4263
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,878
    Rep Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    The what's new section is the only one I use. Or more accurately, it's always my front door to the forum. I come in through there to see what others are commenting on before joining a conversation.
    Interesting. See the "new" section used to just show the threads that had been commented on since you were last here, but not the actual comments themselves. I also view the forums a little differently than most people, as I look at / read every single new post that's made.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  4. #4264
    Junior Member Visitor
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Interesting. I thought no one used that, I was trying to find a way to just delete the "what's new" section. There used to be a "new" section that was different. It just listed the threads that had new posts in them. It disappeared with an update some time ago though and I don't know why.
    I too use the "what's new" button to enter the forum. It is a great way to get caught up every day on what's going on. I would be lost without it.

  5. #4265
    Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,878
    Rep Power
    28
    Honestly at some point the forums are going to get a complete over haul. We're currently on vBulletin 4 but we own a license for vBulletin 5, we just never figured out how to migrate from 4 to 5. Once that happens the forums are probably going to change fairly drastically in terms of functionality and probably visually too.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

    Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

    Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

  6. #4266
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,675
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Honestly at some point the forums are going to get a complete over haul. We're currently on vBulletin 4 but we own a license for vBulletin 5, we just never figured out how to migrate from 4 to 5. Once that happens the forums are probably going to change fairly drastically in terms of functionality and probably visually too.
    Love the What's New button as well. Whatever the change, I'd like to see that stay. Does TDT.org use vBulletin 5?

  7. #4267
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,956
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Love the What's New button as well. Whatever the change, I'd like to see that stay. Does TDT.org use vBulletin 5?
    I actually had to go find it when this conversation started. I just look at threads with new posts since the last time I looked. I am generally lost anyways. TST is on vBulletin version 4.0.8 with the CD forum being on 4.2.2.

  8. #4268
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,615
    Rep Power
    14
    Now reading: Shaun Bythell’s CONFESSIONS OF A BOOKSELLER, the followup to DIARY OF A BOOKSELLER.

  9. #4269
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Posts
    1,618
    Rep Power
    54
    Finished up my yearly holiday reading of Roger Zelazny's A Night In The Lonesome October. Following up with The Pale Illuminations, Sarob Press.

  10. #4270
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    1
    Just finishing up a re-read of the SubPress limited of Hill's NOS4A2/Wraith. Will probably read James A. Moore's Blood Red trilogy next for my Halloween read and since the last volume, Bloodlines, just arrived in the mail yesterday.

  11. #4271
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed njhorror's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    9
    Secret Stories: Tales from the Secret History by F. Paul Wilson

    Excellent stories from the Secret History of the World. My favorite character, so far, is Detective Harrison in FACES.
    Wilson's stories are comfortable and easy for me to get into. Must be a Jersey thing.
    He was an interesting and captivating speaker when I saw him at a writer's group meeting years ago. He and Tom Monteleone were my favorites.
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  12. #4272
    Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    700
    Rep Power
    7
    I finished reading The Screaming Mimi-the second part of the Fredric Brown double. I started reading Snow Upon The Desert by J Russell Warren. I'm currently reading and enjoying Circus Mirandus by Cassie Beasley.


    Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

  13. #4273
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Beyond the Grave
    Posts
    1,591
    Rep Power
    13
    Finally started on The Institute. I'm about 250 pages into this and loving it for the most part.

  14. #4274
    Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    2,675
    Rep Power
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Finally started on The Institute. I'm about 250 pages into this and loving it for the most part.
    I'm nearing the end and it appears to be shaping up to one helluva conclusion. I was a little bored during middle of the book.

  15. #4275
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,956
    Rep Power
    24
    I really enjoyed The Institute from beginning to end.

  16. #4276
    Senior Member Involuntarily Committed njhorror's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    9
    Just got back to and finished Secret Stories: Tales from the Secret History by F. Paul Wilson.

    Enjoyed them very much. Should move on to the novels. The Barrens was a great one.

    Maybe next, The Confessions: Works of Saint Augustine.
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  17. #4277
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,956
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by njhorror View Post
    Just got back to and finished Secret Stories: Tales from the Secret History by F. Paul Wilson.

    Enjoyed them very much. Should move on to the novels. The Barrens was a great one.

    Maybe next, The Confessions: Works of Saint Augustine.
    F. Paul Wilson is a writer that has been on my radar forever but I have never read him. I may have to remedy that.

  18. #4278
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,615
    Rep Power
    14
    Just finished A KISS BEFORE DYING by Ira Levin, his '53 debut novel. A great read, one of the better ones I've had a relatively 'meh' string of books...feels refreshing when that happens.

    After that, finished Brian James Freeman's PS Pub omnibus collection...good stuff.

    Will look at my TBR pile this evening and see what's calling me next.

  19. #4279
    Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    1,615
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    F. Paul Wilson is a writer that has been on my radar forever but I have never read him. I may have to remedy that.
    If you don't want to get bogged down / intimidated by this Repairman Jack series, give MIDNIGHT MASS a try...a vampire apocalypse, and a pretty entertaining one at that. His horror debut (after a series of early sci-fi works), THE KEEP, a WWII-vampire mashup is also very good. His sci-fi noir, DYDEETOWN WORLD, is a lot of fun as well. Those are the three that always leap to my mind as solid recs for someone new to Wilson.

  20. #4280
    Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    5,956
    Rep Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    If you don't want to get bogged down / intimidated by this Repairman Jack series, give MIDNIGHT MASS a try...a vampire apocalypse, and a pretty entertaining one at that. His horror debut (after a series of early sci-fi works), THE KEEP, a WWII-vampire mashup is also very good. His sci-fi noir, DYDEETOWN WORLD, is a lot of fun as well. Those are the three that always leap to my mind as solid recs for someone new to Wilson.
    I actually may own a copy of the CD edition of Midnight Mass.

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 Reading Goals
    By srboone in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-04-2012, 11:53 PM
  2. Reading SK...
    By fmancino in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-29-2011, 04:09 PM
  3. Reading Habits
    By jester05jk in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 09:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •