Page 211 of 212 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212 LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 4221

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    About 80 pages into A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS, and, well, I'm absolutely loving it. I don't know where the story is going, but I know I will enjoy every minute of the ride.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    About 80 pages into A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS, and, well, I'm absolutely loving it. I don't know where the story is going, but I know I will enjoy every minute of the ride.
    That story was a fun ride!

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Finally finished the six-book Miriam Black series by Chuck Wendig. Then quickly read the slim new Thunderstorm collection by Richard Chizmar. Now reading a coffee-table book on Triumph's rise and fall (and later rebirth) here in America (i.e. not the UK, its manufacturing home and domestic market):

triumph.JPG
    Last edited by RonClinton; 08-14-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    I gave up on the Miriam Black books after the fourth one I believe. I liked the premise but grew bored with it. Plus didn’t particularly care for her.

Also forgot about the Thunderstorm book. Did you get a shipping notice for that or did it just show up?

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I gave up on the Miriam Black books after the fourth one I believe. I liked the premise but grew bored with it. Plus didn’t particularly care for her.

Also forgot about the Thunderstorm book. Did you get a shipping notice for that or did it just show up?
    I can’t recall if I received a notice or not, but I’ve had it for a while (weeks)...if you ordered a copy and haven’t seen it yet, I’d definitely give Paul a nudge and see where your copy may be.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I can’t recall if I received a notice or not, but I’ve had it for a while (weeks)...if you ordered a copy and haven’t seen it yet, I’d definitely give Paul a nudge and see where your copy may be.
    Yeah I had my copy by June 21. And I think at that point all Paul had left were the trade paperbacks. So if you got one of the hardcovers you need to ask where it is.

https://youtu.be/9Pd66ZOMQUY
    Last edited by jeffingoff; 08-15-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    I usually get 2 different emails when my Thunderstorm order ships. I think it also attaches the tracking to my Paypal so if you used that you can also look for tracking there.

Awesome. And by awesome I mean less than ideal.

Awesome. And by awesome I mean less than ideal.
    Sorry. That sucks. Though Im sure Paul will take care if you. I hear hes good people.

Sorry. That sucks. Though I’m sure Paul will take care if you. I hear he’s good people.
    On my daily walk at lunch I had this scary thought - that I did get the book but completely forgot about getting it and it’s in the library.

I’m going to check. Since my library isn’t fully put together yet, I just toss books into there.

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    On my daily walk at lunch I had this scary thought - that I did get the book but completely forgot about getting it and it’s in the library.

I’m going to check. Since my library isn’t fully put together yet, I just toss books into there.
    I hope you meant to say -You walk into your library and carefully set the book down. Book tossers will not be tolerated here.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    I hope you meant to say -You walk into your library and carefully set the book down. Book tossers will not be tolerated here.

Cap

I am a little over half way through The Talisman and am loving this story. This is one of three King novels I have not read.

Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    Glad to hear some love for The Talisman. It's a great story.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I am a little over half way through The Talisman and am loving this story. This is one of three King novels I have not read.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Glad to hear some love for The Talisman. It's a great story.
    I was expecting a Dark Tower like story and it is. The part that surprises me is it really reads like a modern Wizard of Oz tale. The Wizard of Oz was a great influence on my reading habits and this is a joy to read.

Quote Originally Posted by c marvel View Post
    I hope you meant to say -You walk into your library and carefully set the book down. Book tossers will not be tolerated here. Cap
    Don't worry, books are gently placed on pillows wrapped in 1000-thread count covers.

I checked said library - it took some time, but I definitely have my copy on a random shelf. Whoops!

The search did remind me that I need to order the next Tremblay book from SST - hello 15% off card.

Don't worry, books are gently placed on pillows wrapped in 1000-thread count covers.
    My pillows a stuffed with Emu feathers wrapped around Pygmy Corinthian Llama Wool covered in the silken strands of the Red Death Leviathan Tarantula. Due to a reaction that's a result of these materials coming together, these pillows generate a magnetic field that causes them to levitate.

I checked said library - it took some time, but I definitely have my copy on a random shelf. Whoops!

The search did remind me that I need to order the next Tremblay book from SST - hello 15% off card.
    That's great news! A surprise gift to yourself.

Did you order Disappearance at Devil's Rock and Cabin at the End of the World? I don't think Growing Things was made available yet.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    My pillows a stuffed with Emu feathers wrapped around Pygmy Corinthian Llama Wool covered in the silken strands of the Red Death Leviathan Tarantula. Due to a reaction that's a result of these materials coming together, these pillows generate a magnetic field that causes them to levitate.
    I thought you were describing the next Suntup release.

Did you order Disappearance at Devil's Rock and Cabin at the End of the World? I don't think Growing Things was made available yet.
    Those were the ones I was going to order. Didn’t realize that there was a third volume already.

I did hesitate on the Place Order button because the shipping was the same price as one book.

Those were the ones I was going to order. Didn’t realize that there was a third volume already.

I did hesitate on the Place Order button because the shipping was the same price as one book.
    I ordered them With the coupon, and the crazy shipping (damn you America!) the two books end up being $50 a piece, which if I'm completely honest about, is a decent deal still.