Page 207 of 215 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 4297

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Just picked up, A Boy and His Dog at the End of the World by C.A. Fletcher....Dogs and the End of the World, tow of my favorite things LOL!
    I have this one on my to-read pile as well. When I first saw the title, I thought it was just a ripoff of Ellison's A Boy and His Dog, but on second glance, it sounds good.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    I read Malfi's Bone White a while ago and thought it was quite good. It remains the only book of his that I've read.
    I'm currently listening to The Five by McCammon and reading Those Who Wish Me Dead by Koryta.
    Loving The Five and not sure on TWWMD yet - just started.
    A Boy and His Dog caught my eye too. I'll be interested to know how it's received.

Am now rereading Christopher Golden's "Ararat". Will then dive into book number two in the series "The Pandora Room".

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mhatchett View Post
    Just picked up, A Boy and His Dog at the End of the World by C.A. Fletcher....Dogs and the End of the World, tow of my favorite things LOL!
    Is it a nod to Harlan Ellison? Or just a coincidental title?

I recently watched the second Goosebumps movie...come on, it was fun! So, I actually am reading the novelization of the first Goosebumps film.

I've always been fascinated by Stine. I'm assuming he uses ghostwriters most of the time (and did use them most of the time, once the project really took off), but I believe he continues to say he never has. And really, no article has ever contradicted that, except a couple blog posts. But of course there was one series where there were credited co-authors (if I recall) and one author came out and said he wrote one of the books (might have been a Fear Street title, though).

That would be a fun life...writing little horror books for kids (that make a lot of money, I concede to add).

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    I can't find anything about the similarities online, but I'd love to see what the author says. It's a good story - I just finished it last night.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ123 View Post
    I recently watched the second Goosebumps movie...come on, it was fun! So, I actually am reading the novelization of the first Goosebumps film.

I've always been fascinated by Stine. I'm assuming he uses ghostwriters most of the time (and did use them most of the time, once the project really took off), but I believe he continues to say he never has. And really, no article has ever contradicted that, except a couple blog posts. But of course there was one series where there were credited co-authors (if I recall) and one author came out and said he wrote one of the books (might have been a Fear Street title, though).

That would be a fun life...writing little horror books for kids (that make a lot of money, I concede to add).
    Ain't it the truth! Goosebumps were a seminal part of my youth.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    After starting this, I would say no, interesting writing style though. So far, so good.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Reading Depraved 3 by Bryan Smith. Women in prison with lots of sex and violence. A fun read as always from Mr. Smith.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    I'm about half way through Black Wings of Cthulhu Vol. 6. Similar to the previous volumes, the stories are generally pretty good, though has been a couple of clunkers along the way.

B

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Starting WHITSTABLE by Stephen Volk.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Starting WHITSTABLE by Stephen Volk.
    I’ve heard nothing but good things. I’ve been meaning to pick up PS’s edition of The Dark Masters Trilogy collecting this, Leytonstone and Netherwood. I’m just not a huge fan of PS’s aesthetics so I keep putting it off. Very curious to know your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I’ve heard nothing but good things. I’ve been meaning to pick up PS’s edition of The Dark Masters Trilogy collecting this, Leytonstone and Netherwood. I’m just not a huge fan of PS’s aesthetics so I keep putting it off. Very curious to know your thoughts.
    I have the DARK MASTERS trilogy in my sights if I like this one. I’m reading it in BEST NEW HORROR #25 that I found on clearance at HPB for $2.00. DARK MASTERS has piqued my interest for some time, so when I saw this a couple months ago and noted that it had Volk’s novella, I snatched it up (it also had THE GIST by Michael Marshall Smith).

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Thomas Perry, The Burglar.

Just finished Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's A Baroque Fable; a bit uneven with a bit too much filler, but still good fun with a few good laughs. Also finished Marie de France's Lais. Now onto Chretien de Troye's Arthurian Romances and Roger Zelazny's Dilvish the Damned.

Just finished Christopher Golden’s “The Pandora Room”, his 2nd “Ben Walker” book. I really liked it, but not as much as the 1st book, “Ararat”. This one had a lot of cool elements to it such as underground tombs, ancient plagues, ghosts, military action, curses, etc.; however, what held it back in comparison to “Ararat” was the ending. I just couldn’t suspend my disbelief quite enough to buy the last few pages. Nevertheless, I will be looking forward to book three in the “Ben Walker” series, assuming Golden chooses to write one. I’m now on to a reread of Jack Ketchum’s “Offseason” as I was lucky enough to snag a signed limited edition 35th anniversary copy from DRP. Am excited as I remember really liking this book the first time around. Also, I think the dust jacket for DRP’s edition is fantastic.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Just started book 5 of The Expanse series. I'm enjoying this series so far. Struggled a bit with book 3, but that was mostly because of how they handled book 3 in the TV show.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I have the DARK MASTERS trilogy in my sights if I like this one. I’m reading it in BEST NEW HORROR #25 that I found on clearance at HPB for $2.00. DARK MASTERS has piqued my interest for some time, so when I saw this a couple months ago and noted that it had Volk’s novella, I snatched it up (it also had THE GIST by Michael Marshall Smith).
    I was trying to track down a reasonably priced signed copy of BEST NEW HORROR #25 for both of those stories mentioned. Once DARK MASTERS was announced, I quit the search. I still want to pick up a copy of THE GIST, but don't want to go down the rabbit hole of the BEST NEW HORROR series as I would need to get all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I was trying to track down a reasonably priced signed copy of BEST NEW HORROR #25 for both of those stories mentioned. Once DARK MASTERS was announced, I quit the search. I still want to pick up a copy of THE GIST, but don't want to go down the rabbit hole of the BEST NEW HORROR series as I would need to get all of them.
    If it won’t send you down an unwanted rabbit hole, I would be glad to send you my copy of the book once I’m finished reading both novellas…probably in a week or two, as reading time is in short supply lately since I started binge-watching Mad Men. If you’d like it, PM me your mailing address and I’ll ship it your way soon.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed njhorror's Avatar
    Just finished my second Merrily Watkins by Phil Rickman, Midwinter of the Spirit. Excellent. On to number three!

Downloaded some BBC radio dramas on MP3. Listened to two, so far. Great stuff and for free! Gotta love teh interwebs.
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson