What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    My wife has read the first Pines book and says it's much, much better than the show.
    Cool! I'm digging the show; probably need to put the books on my TBR. Currently reading The Power and the Glory by Graham Greene--another friend rec from GR.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by marduk View Post
      Just finished "I, Ripper" by Stephen Hunter. Review soon.

edit: has anyone read Blake Crouch's "Pines" trilogy? Just watched the first episode of "Wandering Pines" and loved it; I have the books put on hold at the library.
      I have I, Ripper on my kindle (along with 111 other books to be read). I've liked Stephen Hunter since reading The Master Sniper back in the '80s.

As for Blake Crouch, I have read all the Pines books, plus a few others. I like his books, and would recommend them.
      Last edited by Dave1442397; 07-01-2015, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Good to hear about the Wayward Pines books as I've been meaning to pick them up. I haven't been terribly impressed with the one and a half episodes of the show. I'll probably give it a few more episodes before making up my mind.

Comment

I want a Wayward Pines limited set.

sk

Comment

Finished December Park. Great book. Highly recommended. It is right up there with the best coming of age stories.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
              Finished December Park. Great book. Highly recommended. It is right up there with the best coming of age stories.
              I take it you where reading the ARC as I think the first copies only left this morning.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Or the paperback/ebook that came out eight/thirteen months ago .

Comment

Or the paperback/ebook that came out eight/thirteen months ago .
                  I can't keep track of all these things... . I'm going crossed eyed as it is just trying to upload something like 40 eBooks to Apple right now (our upload thing to Apple has been broken since October or November) also Apple is a huge pain.
                  CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                  Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Yes I was reading the ARC. I even uploaded the upc on goodreads No picture for the cover. Just blank. Funny thing when it updated on my Facebook page they showed the original paperback cover.
                    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                    I take it you where reading the ARC as I think the first copies only left this morning.

Comment

My wife has read the first Pines book and says it's much, much better than the show.
                      I read the first book a few weeks ago and enjoyed the hell out of it. Attempted to watch the show (figuring that they'd incorporate the whole trilogy into it somehow) and hated it. Felt it was awful. Won't even try to watch the second episode.

Comment

It definitely got better (Wayward Pines). My gf watched the first episode with me and was like, wtf? Today she texted me that she finished watching every episode (thus far). I just finished too, and it just gets better and better. Can't wait to get my hands on the books.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          I have the ARC from you guys - it's at the top of my TBR pile.

Having just finished A Stir of Echoes, am I now starting my first Kobo book in a while... an ARC from JournalStone In Silent Graves by Gary Braunbeck.

Comment

Just finished Ann Leckie's Ancillary Justice. It got lots of raves, I thought it was pretty good, not necessarily rave worthy, but good. I'll read the next one. I'm in the middle of James S.A. Corey's Leviathan Wakes, really liking this one.

Comment

Just started this weekend on one of my favourite authors.... James Rollins Excavation. I am into ancient history, and really love the way he presents events that transpire. I guess you could classify his books as "Science Thriller"????

Comment

Just getting into Aaron Dries A Place for Sinners and it's awesome! I think he's crafting some of the best prose being put out there today.

Comment

Working...
                                X