Page 206 of 216 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 4313

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    BONE WHITE, Ronald Malfi.

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Chalk Man was one of my favorite books from last year. I'm waiting g on Cemetery Dance to get their copies as I ordered through them.
    The way you feel about inspection is how I felt about Unbury Carol. Fun story but I oh a couple of characters I cared about.
    I finished up House at the Bottom of a Lake and it was a 3 star read. I loved the 2 main characters but hated the house.This he ending did get to me.
    I also finished Psycho and loved it more then the first time.
    Now I'm reading The Nightmare Girl by Jonathan Janz. He is quickly becoming for me what Josh Malerman has become to Jeff. An author I have to own and read everything he puts out.
    Good to know about Chalk Man! I have yet to read/listen to it.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    BONE WHITE, Ronald Malfi.
    I need to read this. Malfi is another author who I’ve come to love reading. Snow is an excellent book as is December Park.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sholloman81 View Post
    Just Finished reading Josh Malermanís ďInspectionĒ. I really liked it, but didnít love it. Iíve read a ton of horror/sci-fi and donít recall ever reading a story quite like this one. Very unique and highly original idea. Do wish some of the characters beyond the main protagonists would have been more fleshed out. I also would have liked more information about the Parenthood and itsí goals. The front half of the book was a bit slow; however, the back half of the book more than makes up for it. Overall, another fun read from Malerman and a book I would recommend. I am now beginning the Subterranean Press limited edition of CJ Tudorís ďThe Chalk ManĒ. Havenít ready anything by this author yet but have heard good things.
    Malerman has big ideas and a vibrant imagination. Also, I really dig his writing style. There's a rhythm and a pacing that just flows. His stories not pay out the way we'd all like but his books are fun to be in.

I'm reading CELLARS right now and I really like it. Dying to see where it goes. Trying to enjoy it instead of blasting through it to get to The Chalk Man.

Member Displaying Erratic Behaviour
    I need to read this. Malfi is another author who I’ve come to love reading. Snow is an excellent book as is December Park.
    I've read most and enjoyed all Malfi. Pick up the Passenger for something a little different.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    The only Malfi I have read is December Park and I loved it.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I like Malfi’s work, and the one I’m reading, BONE WHITE, is one of just two of his I haven’t read...so far it’s quite good.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Theli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Good to know about Chalk Man! I have yet to read/listen to it.
    I also enjoyed Chalk Man. It's a good summer read in the vein of It, but more of a mystery.

I've been on a Arthurian kick and have been making my way through many of the sources texts; Geoffrey of Monmouth's History of the Kings of Britain, the Mabinogion, Malory's Morte D'Arthur and Strassburg/Thomas of Britain's Tristan. Now working my way through The Lais of Marie De France. I find the old texts surprisingly readable and quite engrossing. Much more imagination and action than I would had assumed.

Quote Originally Posted by Theli View Post
    I also enjoyed Chalk Man. It's a good summer read in the vein of It, but more of a mystery.
    Long time, no see, Dan! Welcome back!

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    I've gone back to reading Racing the Sunrise: Reinforcing America's Pacific Outposts, 1941-1942 by Glen M Williford. I finished Nadia's Children and Call to the Hunt by Steven E Wedel. I also read Tails from the Pack edited by Steven E Wedel. Lat night I started Circus Boy Adventure Stories one of the big hardcovers based on the Circus Boy TV series.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Long time, no see, Dan! Welcome back!
    Thanks Brian, it's good to be back. Now I just need to get off my lazy butt and update my collection page.

Thanks Brian, it's good to be back. Now I just need to get off my lazy butt and update my collection page.
    Yea, let's see the new gets!

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    That would be great to see!

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed
    Just finished CJ Tudor's "The Chalk Man". I really liked it. While not a perfect book, it definitely lived up to the hype for me. It was a much darker book than I expected. Not sure how many of you were able to read the subpress edition with the alternate ending. For those of you that did, I wonder which ending you prefer. I actually found myself liking the ending that wasn't used much more. Am super glad that I have preordered CJ Tudor's next book from subpress, "The Hiding Place".

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Just finished CJ Tudor's "The Chalk Man". I really liked it. While not a perfect book, it definitely lived up to the hype for me. It was a much darker book than I expected. Not sure how many of you were able to read the subpress edition with the alternate ending. For those of you that did, I wonder which ending you prefer. I actually found myself liking the ending that wasn't used much more. Am super glad that I have preordered CJ Tudor's next book from subpress, "The Hiding Place".
    I haven't read the alternate ending as I'm waiting for my copy to be sent. I loved the book and also pre ordered The Hiding Place. I look forward to reading the alternate ending.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    I just received this the other day and am currently in the middle of two books. I'm going to bump this one up the TBR though.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    The only Malfi I have read is December Park and I loved it.
    He has been a consistent and easy read for me since 2007 I think. I feel the same way about Jeff Strand ,although Jeff can get extremely silly at times.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    I like Malfi’s work, and the one I’m reading, BONE WHITE, is one of just two of his I haven’t read...so far it’s quite good.
    Liked Bone White a lot. He seems to be getting better with each novel.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Just picked up, A Boy and His Dog at the End of the World by C.A. Fletcher....Dogs and the End of the World, two of my favorite things LOL!
    Last edited by mhatchett; 05-02-2019 at 09:50 PM.