Page 200 of 200 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200
Results 3,981 to 3,995 of 3995

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    How serendipitous… This book has been on my radar for a while. I’ve been too cheap to spring for the Canadian edition, but I think the US edition is coming out soon, as I recall. It has a lot of good buzz and sounds like my kind of book, I’ll probably pick it up.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    I'm reading The Rust Maidens by Gwendolyn Kiste. It is a very good book so far.

Senior Member Hearing Voices mhatchett's Avatar
    Just started Europe in Autumn, first book in the Fracture Europe series by Dave Hutchinson, which also includes, Europe at Midnight, Europe in Winter and Europe at Dawn. Pretty darn good so far!

Junior Member Lurker
    Am currently reading Joe Lansdale's "Driving to Geronimo's Grave & Other Stories". Didn't really care for the title story but loved "In the Mad Mountains" & "Wrestling Jesus" Hoping the next three stories are as good as those two. Will most likely begin the centipede edition of Jonathan Carroll's "The Land of Laughs" next.

Junior Member Visitor
    About halfway through VERSES FOR THE DEAD by Preston/Child. After that HARK! THE HERALD ANGELS SCREAM.

Jim

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I'm reading The Rust Maidens by Gwendolyn Kiste. It is a very good book so far.
    Okay I have finished this book. I highly recommend this one. Fantastic coming of age story.For me a 5 star rating. Looking forward to reading more from Gwendolyn Kiste.

Junior Member Part-timer
    I'm a little over 600 pages into my second reading of The Passage by Justin Cronin and enjoying it as much, if not more, as the first time I read it. Remains one of my all time favorites.

B

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brlesh View Post
    I'm a little over 600 pages into my second reading of The Passage by Justin Cronin and enjoying it as much, if not more, as the first time I read it. Remains one of my all time favorites.

B
    I have to retry it. I have read the first big section twice (with the little girl), but there was something about the start of the next section, later in history, that didn't hold my interest enough, and both times I got distracted by another book. I'm sure I'll like it if I could plough through a bit of that second section.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brlesh View Post

B
    I have the first two books from CD grab bags but have not read them. At some point I will give them a try.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed njhorror's Avatar
    Reading - DEAD LETTERS ANTHOLOGY edited by Conrad Williams

Good concept with some strong stories, so far.
    Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Senior Member Hearing Voices Ben Staad's Avatar
    I think you should give them a go. There is a jump in the books that is a little clunky but, if you can get past that, it's a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I have the first two books from CD grab bags but have not read them. At some point I will give them a try.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I think you should give them a go. There is a jump in the books that is a little clunky but, if you can get past that, it's a good story.
    I will at some point.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    I am in the home stretch of "A Memory of Light" the final book of The Wheel of Time series. I just started the longest chapter of any single book I've ever read. This chapter is longer than some books I've read. It's title "The Last Battle" and in audio format is a little over 9 hours long...
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I am in the home stretch of "A Memory of Light" the final book of The Wheel of Time series. I just started the longest chapter of any single book I've ever read. This chapter is longer than some books I've read. It's title "The Last Battle" and in audio format is a little over 9 hours long...
    I really enjoyed the series overall when I finally did a full read a few years ago. Sanderson did a great job picking up the ball and running with it.

Administrator Totally Insane Dan Hocker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I really enjoyed the series overall when I finally did a full read a few years ago. Sanderson did a great job picking up the ball and running with it.
    Yea for the most part. I've noticed some things that sort of felt like the ball being dropped in the first two books he did. There was some muddy timeline stuff in those. Where Rand and Egwene's storylines were out of sync with everyone else's timelines. They where weeks ahead (I think). It felt really weird when there was interaction between the characters that were out of sync.

This may just be because of the way they had to do it making what was supposed to be a single book into 3.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Twitter - Twitch.tv

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks