What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    This is one book that has drawn my attention big time. I am guessing you enjoyed it????
    I enjoyed it, thought it was clever. I like the format of these Delirium books, undersized hard bounds, no dust jackets.
    If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

In the middle of this one and at this point have to say what a great collection this is. Stories covering every conceivable holiday and some you might not of considered.

13060654.jpg
      If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

Looks like a fun collection. the cover art is fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bate View Post
          Hiya all,

I'm new to the CD forum (go easy on me!!!), currently reading Jack Ketchum's "Right To Life"
          Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Paul!
            "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
            - Stephen King

Comment

Welcome to our little corner of the web!
              Originally posted by Paul Bate View Post
              Hiya all,

I'm new to the CD forum (go easy on me!!!), currently reading Jack Ketchum's "Right To Life"

Comment

Looks cool. Who is the publisher?
                Originally posted by paperdragon View Post
                In the middle of this one and at this point have to say what a great collection this is. Stories covering every conceivable holiday and some you might not of considered.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14175[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                  Looks cool. Who is the publisher?
                  I have a copy of this too. It is awesome.

It is published by Pill Hill Press.
                  "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                  - Stephen King

Comment

Thanks. I may have to look for a copy.
                    Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
                    I have a copy of this too. It is awesome.

It is published by Pill Hill Press.

Comment

Finally finished the Dark Tower books. Long days and pleasant nights.

Comment

You are ahead of me. I still have not read The Wind Through the Keyhole.
                        Originally posted by Highbury View Post
                        Finally finished the Dark Tower books. Long days and pleasant nights.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          You are ahead of me. I still have not read The Wind Through the Keyhole.
                          Neither have I. I should really get on that sometime, lol
                          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                          Spoiler!

Comment

Halfway through 'Raven', by Charles L Grant, and it's fantastic so far. He sure can write. After the rather bland prose of 'Swan Song', this is is like an injection of style!
                            The characters are great, and he can really put you in the setting.
                            I've found that sometimes you need a 'way in' with some of these stylish authors, and once you're in you can appreciate most of their work. Happened to me recently with Laird Barron, he's now one of my favourite authors.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincoln View Post
                              Halfway through 'Raven', by Charles L Grant, and it's fantastic so far. He sure can write. After the rather bland prose of 'Swan Song', this is is like an injection of style!
                              The characters are great, and he can really put you in the setting.
                              I've found that sometimes you need a 'way in' with some of these stylish authors, and once you're in you can appreciate most of their work. Happened to me recently with Laird Barron, he's now one of my favourite authors.
                              I completely agree. There's multiple authors (or artists in other domains, such as music) that I just need the right introduction to their work, and you can come to appreciate the rest of their output. One of favourite bands, Jag Panzer, was like that for me.

Comment

I like to change up what I read, as far as genre goes. Usually it's a mix of horror, sci-fi. I decided to start a courtroom drama type (Grisham's Sycamore Row), as it was a gift for Christmas, and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised how much I am into it. It flows good, chapters are short (which I like), characters seem to be well developed, and the story up until now, is quite "real". Would I jump into this genre more...... hard to say. It's the only book like this I own, and with so many "to read" that I have on my bookshelf.

Again though, it is nice to broaden my horizons in terms of the kind of books.

Comment

Working...
                                X