No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just started "The Third Bullet" by Stephen Hunter. I'm hoping to fly through it and get into "Doctor Sleep" next week. I got the audiobook of "The Shining" from the library a couple months ago, so I'm caught up on that re-read.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I finished Strange Magic, and decided I'd start IT next. I read through the first few pages of Anathem, but wasn't in "the mood" for it, so will be jumping into It.

Comment

Finishing up Encounters with Enoch Coffin, but that all gets put aside tomorrow!
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Finished Dying of the Light by GRRM. Now the fun task of browsing my library to see what's next. I've also been browsing the SK Trivia book, and finding out that I don't remember too many details of books I've read.

Comment

Digging into Doctor Sleep, It is off to good start. The early reference to NOS4A2 is pretty cool as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rusty23 View Post
              Finished Dying of the Light by GRRM. Now the fun task of browsing my library to see what's next. I've also been browsing the SK Trivia book, and finding out that I don't remember too many details of books I've read.
              I have not browsed the HC copy I got, but did browse through the ARC I have when I got it and was surprised by how much I remembered. I haven't really browsed through the movie one, but I am sure I would definitely do worse with that one, that's for sure, lol.
              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
              Spoiler!

Comment

Just started Cop Hater by Ed McBain (pseudonym for Evan Hunter). I'm digging it so far.

Comment

Decided to take a break from reading The Troop ARC I have on my Kindle for now. Not doing because I have an issue with the story, which seems like something I will definitely enjoy, but the major editing issue with the copy I received through Netgalley are just WAY too distracting and pull me out of the story. If I was reading this to find problems for someone or as an actual editor type job I wouldn't have as much of an issue with it, but I am reading it to enjoy the story, and that is not possible right now for me.

So instead I decided to start reading And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini tonight
                  WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                  Spoiler!

Comment

I'm also reading Dr. Sleep - I'm just over 100 pages in and it's excellent so far.

Comment

Finished Encunters with Enoch Coffin. I felt that for a book of short stories about one character, I should have gotten to know Coffin better, but the book was entertaining: atmospheric and really warped, like all good Lovecraftian literature ought to be. Pugmire is a helluva writer. I have to read more of his stuff.

Currently reading Doctor Sleep.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        Finished Encunters with Enoch Coffin. I felt that for a book of short stories about one character, I should have gotten to know Coffin better, but the book was entertaining: atmospheric and really warped, like all good Lovecraftian literature ought to be. Pugmire is a helluva writer. I have to read more of his stuff.
                        Check out his Facebook page, if you haven't already done so. He's an interesting character.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                          Check out his Facebook page, if you haven't already done so. He's an interesting character.
                          I saw his entry on Wikipedia, and had a good laugh! A practicing gay, but celibate, Morman; excommunicated, but restored!
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Yeah I like his work. I received Gathered Dust from a grab bag from Dark Regions, hadn't even heard of him before, and loved his writing.

Just finished off Cop Hater. I quite enjoyed it. It's quite different than other crime/mystery novels of the time, focus a lot of police procedure. I am now picking up Doctor Sleep.

Comment

Finished Doctor Sleep. It had it's moments, but was disappointing overall. Rated it 3 stars on GR (would have given it 2 1/2 if able). At least I know CD's edition will be great, even if the book itself isn't.

Killing Jesus by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard is up next.
                              Last edited by srboone; 10-01-2013, 11:28 AM.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Reading Dark Forces as well as finishing up Mister October volume 2. Continuing to focus on short stories while my schedule is so crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X