What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
    how is the re-read? loved it when i first read it, but that was like 15 years ago. i mean, it's a dark, disturbing book, but so well written.
    Exactly how you described it, so very well written and disturbing, sometimes I have concerns over Mr. Ellis's mental well-being but then again, I'm the one reading and loving the book so what does that say about me? I can imagine for the ones who read it when it first hit it might seem a bit dated because of the technology mentioned but that really isn't the case for me, it still seems quite fresh and exciting, a live-wire of a book if ever there was one

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
      Exactly how you described it, so very well written and disturbing, sometimes I have concerns over Mr. Ellis's mental well-being but then again, I'm the one reading and loving the book so what does that say about me? I can imagine for the ones who read it when it first hit it might seem a bit dated because of the technology mentioned but that really isn't the case for me, it still seems quite fresh and exciting, a live-wire of a book if ever there was one
      funny you say that. i can remember giving that book back to the guy who leant it to me and i looked at him as if he was a bit tainted. lol. hell of a book. i've been meaning to go back and re-read some classic horror, all of the early King, as well as AP and maybe Girl Next Door, etc.
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

It's great when you can pick up a good book whether it's horror, sci-fi, etc and despite it being a classic, it will be still relevant.

Comment

Just finished "A Dark and Deadly Valley" collection of war horror stories.
          51AHnprg2dL._SY300_.jpg
          Reading Rick Hautala's "Glimpses"
          glimpses_front__79159.1346519380.800.600.jpg
          Last edited by paperdragon; 09-13-2013, 07:55 PM.
          If collecting is an illness, I must be terminal

Comment

I just finished "Bad Monkey" by Carl Hiaasen. Quite good.

I'm about 70 pages into Dan Brown's "Inferno", but I just don't find it that compelling.

Comment

Originally posted by marduk View Post
              I just finished "Bad Monkey" by Carl Hiaasen. Quite good.

I'm about 70 pages into Dan Brown's "Inferno", but I just don't find it that compelling.
              Try Dante Alighieri's "Inferno" instead, I have just finished reading this - it's an awesome piece of literature!
              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
              - Stephen King

Comment

The Fall (Book 2 of the Strain Trilogy: This series by Del Toro and Hogan has gotten good reviews and people really seem to like them, but I'm still on the fence which isn't necessarily a good thing after two books. The creepy medical thriller of the first book is replaced by all-out action-adventure in this one. While I love the scope this series wants to take, I feel there is so much going on that we are treated to telling more than showing, and character templates rather than actual characters. This is action and spectacle and big movie set pieces. Essentially, this was the vampire apocalypse by way of Jerry Bruckheimer. Unfortunately with all the moving pieces, the suspense seems to have been left behind. The vampires are still pretty creepy, though not as much as in the first book and I still can't shake the echoes of Blade 2. Not bad, but not great either. Grade: C

Comment

In anticipation of the release of Doctor Sleep, I'm reading The Shining. Who is with me?

Comment

I'm waiting for my copy of the gift edition from Sub Press to reread it. I highly doubt you're alone in your endeavor though. I think everyone is gearing up for Doctor Sleep's release.

Comment

Once I finish Strange Magic by Gord Rollo (very good read by the way), I may either pick up IT, or maybe Anathem by Neal Stephenson - both are around that 1000 page mark, so it might be a long journey for either or them.

Comment

Reading an eBook ARC of The Troop I got through Netgalley. Hopefully the many formatting issues are taken care of before the release.
                        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                        Spoiler!

Comment

I'm waiting for my Sub Press edition to read as well. Then Doctor Sleep.

Comment

I just picked up James Thompson's Savage Night.

Comment

I considered reading the SubPress version. I have no idea when it will arrive though.

I was at B&N the other day, and they had copies of The Shining EVERYWHERE. It was a bit ridiculous.

Comment

I'm about halfway through Neil Peart's "Ghost Rider". It's fine, but not the type of book I can read straight through. Given the nature of the book, it's a bit repetitive.

Picked up "Portnoy's Complaint" from the library tonight, and "Scar Tissue" by Anthony Kiedis (sp?) and some other dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X