What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Yeah, some annotations would be particularly useful as there are some pretty obscure historical people popping up at the moment. Which version do you have Squire?
    The John Ciardi transaltions. All three are readily available in paperback.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
      The John Ciardi transaltions. All three are readily available in paperback.
      Thanks Squire, that's really helpful. I will track these down.

It's got me thinking though, can you imagine how awesome it would be for CD / LRB to release a super deluxe traycased edition of Inferno? Classical horror as it was meant to be read...
      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
      - Stephen King

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
        Thanks Squire, that's really helpful. I will track these down.

It's got me thinking though, can you imagine how awesome it would be for CD / LRB to release a super deluxe traycased edition of Inferno? Classical horror as it was meant to be read...
        not inferno. The entire devine comedy as 3 separate books in one set. You'd think there would be all kinds out there but there is not. they all come together and inferno is easy to find on its own but the only set i could find was aftermarket easton press at a good $2500 and some other one that was only two books.

Comment

And those Dore illustrations are fantastic.
          "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I will finish Childhood's End tonight or tomorrow.

Next up is probably going to be either Strange Magic by Rollo, or another e-book - maybe Blood Meridian....not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
              And those Dore illustrations are fantastic.
              Totally agree with that! they are brilliant!!!
              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
              - Stephen King

Comment

I will finally be finished Childhood's End tonight - Unsure what's next, but I will decide then.

Comment

Just finished Come Out Tonight by Laymon. So far, I haven't really enjoyed any of my Laymon reads yet. I've heard great things, but I've been disappointed in each one. Cuts, The Woods are Dark, and Darkness, Tell Us are the others I've read. Maybe I've just chosen the wrong books...

Comment

For the millionth time. Read Travelling Vampire Show. The most awesomessest of all Laymon books or Savage the second most awesomessest Lay on book..

Comment

OK OK!

Comment

I want to grab a Laymon as well - want the Vampire Show book, but Island looked pretty interesting too.

I'm very early in on Gord Rollo's Strange Magic - liking it so far.

Comment

Or "One Rainy Night" is awesome as well.

Comment

Encounters with Enoch Coffin by W.H.Pugmire and Jeffrey Thomas. A collection of short Lovecraftian fiction that paints a portrait of an eccentric artist who seeks to capture the horror of what lies outside and beyond death.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

OK Rusty, I will pile on. Traveling Vampire Show is a great read!

Comment

Dogpile on Rusty!!!!

The Travelling Vampire Show is outstanding!
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X