What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
    I just finished Salem's Lot - Sad to say it took me until 2013 to read it, but it was worth wait. Loved it!

Up next, is The Two Sams by Glen Hershberg. Shouldn't be a long read here at all, very much liking what I've read up until now.
    The Two Sams is an amazing collection. Horror in a different vein than say Lansdale or King. A little more melancholy. Hirshberg is one of my favorites and keeps rising with every new story I read. Why he isn't selling millions of copies like King is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
      Still reading Ghost Story and it is quite good, enjoying it a lot, the characters, story, setting and atmosphere are all top-notch, I did come across something of an error on page 208 of the paperback edition where it says "Helen came out with a tumbler too full of whiskey, one ice cube floating at the top like a dead goldfish" Ice floats in water but it would sink in strong alcohol like whiskey, this wouldn't bother me except I was a science major and it did kinda make me wince a little bit
      I never noticed that! Good eye! Ghost Story is in the top 3 of my all-time favorite horror books. I've been meaning to revisit it if I could ever get my TBR list knocked down a little!

Comment

I'm starting on Ghost Story tonight. I received it last week, but wanted to read I'm not Sam first.

Comment

I have not had much reading time lately but I am really enjoying Double Feature!

Comment

The Northern Star: The Beginning by Mike Gullickson surprised me. I'm not a tech-thriller kinda reader, but some very complex ideas were rendered so that, even if I didn't fully understand them, I didn't feel at a loss as the story went on. It was exciting and graphic, though it suffered from poor character development.

Stage Whispers, by Kealn Patrick Burke will be next. It's time for me to find out what everybody is talking about with Timothy Quinn.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I think you will like the Timmy Quinn stories.
              Originally posted by srboone View Post
              The Northern Star: The Beginning by Mike Gullickson surprised me. I'm not a tech-thriller kinda reader, but some very complex ideas were rendered so that, even if I didn't fully understand them, I didn't feel at a loss as the story went on. It was exciting and graphic, though it suffered from poor character development.

Stage Whispers, by Kealn Patrick Burke will be next. It's time for me to find out what everybody is talking about with Timothy Quinn.

Comment

PART_1362884471019.jpg
                I'll be putting down Ghost Story for a little bit. I bought these last night at B&N and I want to give Pollock a go. I've never read anything by him before and this sounds like it's going to be good

Comment

Finished Part I of Stage Whispers (The Turtle Boy) and once again am ashamed that I've let alot of KPB books pass me by. Was confused by a one-line change of scenery to Ohio in the last chapter, but I assume that the second book takes palce there.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well I finished the first 5 Thomas Covenant books only to find out that the next one is not available as an eBook. Needless to say I was raging a bit on Saturday when I realized this, I have a hard cover on the way, but am still a bit pissed off about it. It's the only one in the entire series that isn't available as an eBook.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I was out of commish for a couple days with a back issue (no magazine jokes please )...so I was able to finish The Two Sams, Cages, and Ursa Major.

Up next is a toss up of either The Resurrectionist or e-book Flesh and Blood. Will probably go with the first one though.

Comment

I finished Murakami's 1Q84 over the weekend--very cool and worth the time you need to invest in it. Now I'm re-reading Needful Things while I wait for Proust's In Search of Lost Time (at least going to give it a shot) to arrive from Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                          Well I finished the first 5 Thomas Covenant books only to find out that the next one is not available as an eBook. Needless to say I was raging a bit on Saturday when I realized this, I have a hard cover on the way, but am still a bit pissed off about it. It's the only one in the entire series that isn't available as an eBook.
                          That's too bad, Dan. I hope you find the wait worth it.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Finished The Hides in Stage Whispers. Where the first novella was nostalgic, eerie, and melancholic, this one was more traditional and full of depseration, but equally as good. Looking forward to Part III, but my dog has an appointment at the vet...
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Finished Stage Whispers and I loved it. I must add Burke to my short list of favorite authors. Even if I feel one of his stories isn't all that I felt it could have been, his style and prose is more than enough to make me come back. Can't wait for Nemesis to get here on Saturday.

Thank you to everybody who pressured me into reading Timothy Quinn and Burke in general ove the last couple of years.

Going to tackle Floating Dragon next.
                              Last edited by srboone; 03-13-2013, 05:38 AM.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Mr. Burke s Collection 121 to Pennsylvania is must read as well!
                                Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                Finished Stage Whispers and I loved it. I must add Burke to my short list of favorite authors. Even if I feel one of his stories isn't all that I felt it could have been, his style and prose is more than enough to make me come back. Can't wait for Nemesis to get here on Saturday.

Thank you to everybody who pressured me into reading Timothy Quinn and Burke in general ove the last couple of years.

Going to tackle Floating Dragon next.

Comment

Working...
                                X