What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sabrina Morgan View Post
    I'm reading Pork Pie Hat. I could finish it tonight if I would stop playing around on here. Lol
    I know the feeling! And yes that was a good read - I liked it, as I was able to finish it off pretty quick.

And welcome to the world of CD!

Comment

As for me in terms of what's next...... I have no idea. I started Night of the Assholes, but couldn't get past about chapter 10. Yes, it's a play on Night of the Living Dead, which is cool. However, just the way it flows....... not for me.

I am waiting on Christmas to pass now before I start my next book. I know my daughter bought me a book (took her to mall and showed her a few I like, and she knows what authors I like too - only 13 yrs old, so I am curious.) Then I have the 4 books I received in the grab bag too, plus my TBR pile.... oh what a problem to have!

Comment

Well, I was disappointed in Still Lake. The whole thing felt rushed, like a 500-600 page novel was told in 251 pages. And a supernatural cause to the deaths and lunatic ravings of the towns people was hinted at, but never explored (though the ending suggests that it will be explored in future books.) It read more like a high school newspaper account of the events. It had a terrific premise, but sadly never went anywhere. Oh well, I got the print book for what I would pay for an e-edition of the book.

I think I'm gonna delve into Fifteen Minutes by William Ollie in these waning days of 2012.
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
          As for me in terms of what's next...... I have no idea. I started Night of the Assholes, but couldn't get past about chapter 10. Yes, it's a play on Night of the Living Dead, which is cool. However, just the way it flows....... not for me.
          Yeah, at first I was like, this is awesome! But then it just became a bit too repetitive and seemed to go nowhere, really. I think Andersen Prunty and Carlton Mellick III are quite good when it comes to Bizarro.

Comment

Currently reading Indian Summer by Rick Hautala. Have not read anything new by Hautala in a while. I am really enjoying this.

Comment

Glad to Indian Summer is good.Don' t know when I will get to it.Not for awhile.
              About 350 pages into Under the Dome.I like this but can' t see how it can hold up for
              over 1000 pages.Guess I will find out soon.

Comment

I was not real high on Under the Dome. I should finish Indian Summer tonight. Very good read.
                Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                Glad to Indian Summer is good.Don' t know when I will get to it.Not for awhile.
                About 350 pages into Under the Dome.I like this but can' t see how it can hold up for
                over 1000 pages.Guess I will find out soon.

Comment

Just started 'Ten-Gallon War'. A non-fiction book about the battle for Dallas Fans between the NFL's Cowboys and the AFL's Texans (Now the Chiefs).

Comment

I decided to finish "The Name of the Wind" finally, and then I'll start the next one.
                    And "The Summoner" by Gail Z. Martin. I guess I'm just in the mood for big fat fantasy books at the moment.

Comment

Finished Fifteen MInutes. Like Killing Ghost, well-written, but with a main character I cared nothing about; I wanted the little snot to get some come-uppance--and was hugely disappointed. I looked at it as a lop-sided version of Quantum Leap. Oh well.

Going to go with Pork Pie Hat next. Hopefully that will erase the last few book choices I've made from my mind (3 outta 5 were dogs. I can do better than that!)
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Just started the e-book by Kealan Patrick Burke The Turtle boy. So far, love it!

Going to be a lean week for reading likely - with working, coaching hockey tournament.... not much time!

Comment

If you have not done so already you need to read the rest of the Timmy Quinn series as well.
                          Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                          Just started the e-book by Kealan Patrick Burke The Turtle boy. So far, love it!

Going to be a lean week for reading likely - with working, coaching hockey tournament.... not much time!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                            If you have not done so already you need to read the rest of the Timmy Quinn series as well.
                            I think I definitely will. I'm half way through right now, and love it. When will I get around to getting the rest of the series......good question!

Trying to find some other good e-books to add to my new Kobo, plus have to get to the good ol' TBR shelf.

Comment

Pork Pie Hat wasn't bad. It took potentially slambang material and presented it in a narratively-diluted way that robbed it of any "Holy @#$$%!" factor it could have had, though.

Reading The Revelation by Bentley Little, getting myself in the mood for The Circle next Thurday!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well I finally finished all the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books. I'm not sure what I'm going to read next. I may just read nothing until January 8th when the final Wheel of Time book comes out.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X