No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep bumping Salem's Lot down my TBR list for some reason. I actually had in my hand last Friday night - and put it back on my shelf.

Comment

Just got a call from my buddy at the AMC theater I go to. The line for a good seat at the midnight 3D IMAX of "The Hobbit" showing is starting to form! Ay-yi-yi! So I gotta make a decision before I walk out the door (maybe in a coupla hours).

So....Duma Key is next. The last Stephen King book to I need to read. until Joyland and Doctor Sleep come out!
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I almost purchased that one too a while back at my local Chapters. Looks likes a great story of course.

Comment

Originally posted by TJCams View Post
          I keep bumping Salem's Lot down my TBR list for some reason. I actually had in my hand last Friday night - and put it back on my shelf.
          If you Have ALOT of king left to read i'd honestly keep bumping it. Theres alot of others i liked ALOT more and I havent technically read that many yet.

Comment

Teri - my sister gave me all her King books she didn't want or really have space for. The problem is that I keep finding more books on here, or elsewhere too, that I want to read. Some of the King books are quite long, and it takes me quite a bit of time to get through them most of the time. I can find a book I order from here (as an example) that is 400 pgs or less, and knock it off fairly quickly - where as a 1000 pg book like It will take me a long time.

Comment

Finished Tick Tock at lunch break today.

What next...... Pork Pie Hat? Killing Ghost? Maybe knock off the couple CD mags I have...... There is one book I have, that will be a quick read - it's classified in the bizzaro fiction I believe - Night of the Assholes by Kevin Donihe. Should be a quick read, so that might be next too. So many books to choose from, with more on the way.

You did it Cemetery Dance....you did it to me..... you got me hooked!

Comment

You got NIght of the Assholes in you GB? Been wanting to read that one for a while!
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Currently reading a non-fiction book "Escape from Camp 14 : one man's remarkable odyssey from North Korea to freedom in the West". It is a story about the only person to be born in a North Korea Prison camp and escape.

Comment

Tonight I get to read the new CD issue - yay!

edit: love the overall thematic look with the consistent artwork!
                    Last edited by Xiabei; 12-18-2012, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Just finished SecondWorld by Jeremy Robinson. Great, fast read.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                        You got NIght of the Assholes in you GB? Been wanting to read that one for a while!
                        No...not in grab bag. I somehow stumbled upon it on Amazon or AbeBooks and ordered it new from there. It looks like a wacky silly fun read - off the wall parody of Night of the Living Dead.

Decided my next read is Pork Pie Hat - Straub
                        Last edited by TJCams; 12-18-2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          Currently reading a non-fiction book "Escape from Camp 14 : one man's remarkable odyssey from North Korea to freedom in the West". It is a story about the only person to be born in a North Korea Prison camp and escape.
                          Last year I read a similar book "Aquariums of Pyongyang". It is a autobiographical account of a man who was taken to a camp in N Korea with his family as a young child. He talks about daily life in N Korea and then in the camps. Very interesting read - I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a glimpse of the realities of what goes on there.

Comment

I will have to look for that one.
                            Originally posted by TJCams View Post
                            Last year I read a similar book "Aquariums of Pyongyang". It is a autobiographical account of a man who was taken to a camp in N Korea with his family as a young child. He talks about daily life in N Korea and then in the camps. Very interesting read - I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a glimpse of the realities of what goes on there.

Comment

Well I'm finally onto the last book in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "Trilogy"
                              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                                Well I'm finally onto the last book in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "Trilogy"
                                How are those Dan? I've owned copies for a llloooooonnnggg time, but never got around to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X