No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading a few stories in Quintessence of Dust by Craig Wallwork. Startling, creepy, and always disturbing. "Skin" is a standout. He hasn't been on this board since 27 June, but his story "13" in the chapbook contest made me a fan.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I finally finished Strangers today!!!! Fantastic book! Not sure what I start next - read Night Shift or Dead Zone or dive into another Koontz Tick Tock......
      Last edited by TJCams; 11-21-2012, 09:36 PM. Reason: can't spell!

Comment

King is always prefable to Koontz. I'd go with The Dead Zone.
        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Dead Zone is a terrific read!
          Originally posted by TJCams View Post
          I finally finished Strangers today!!!! Fantastic book! Not sure what I start next - read Night Shift or Dead Zone or dive into another Koontz Tick Tock......

Comment

Where did I hear that Dead Zone was horrible? The movie maybe?...

Comment

I don't think you did, Teri. Have you been snorting the gluten again...
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Actually I like the movie as well. The book is better though. I never watched any of the TV series so I can;t speak about that.
                Originally posted by Teriw View Post
                Where did I hear that Dead Zone was horrible? The movie maybe?...
                Last edited by Martin; 11-28-2012, 05:19 AM.

Comment

I actually started Dead Zone and slowly picked away at maybe the first 40 or so pages of the paperback I have.... But...last night I decided to go with the short stories of Night Shift. The first one "Jerusalem's Lot" is pretty interesting so far - didn't finish it yet. Should knock that off on lunch break today.

Comment

Read I'm Not Sam a few days ago. One of the better books I have read in a while. One story into More Than Midnight and so far this is a great read as well.

Comment

No I heard that it sucked multiple times. Can't say for sure whether it was the movie or book but I definitely heard it.

Comment

I heard some people didn't like the TV sere, tho I never watched it.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Finished Choir of Ill Children.Very good read.Doing some comic book catch up now then on to.......well I do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                            I heard some people didn't like the TV sere, tho I never watched it.
                            I have heard that too a couple times. I really liked the series, though I still have to finish it, lol. I wasn't a big fan of the movie, though I think that was likely more due to the age of it and being more used to movies that are a lot newer. I still have to read the book, and probably will watch the move again after that.
                            WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                            Spoiler!

Comment

Finished Cloud Atlas and I must say, it is nothing short of miraculous. Where the movie skips from story to story, the book begins with the first half of the first five stories, is anchored by the complete sixth sotroy, then bommerrangs backward through the conclusions of each of the first five stories, showing how all these disparate characters are connected. I have to admit, the first part was marred by the fact that I had seen the movie and knew what would take place (though the movie did excise some events and characters), but from "Sloosha's Crossin' an Ev'rythin' After" to the end was utterly amazing and I sped through it.

"Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' th west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds."

Thinking Agenda 21 by Glenn Beck and Harriet Parke will be next. Beck's first novel, The Overton Window had a good premise, but it read like an extended prologue to a bigger book, so I hope his skills as a thriller writer have gotten better.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

So I decided to go in a different direction.I have a huge stack of books from when Borders went bust.I picked up abunch of rock Bios.So now I am reading the Vince Neil
                                bio.This guy really has forgotten more then he remembers.I loved these guys back in the day and The Dirt was such an honest book I thought I would check this out.
                                So far pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X